I Think That I Chose My Parents.

by Englishman 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Do you believe in reincarnation?

I dont think I believe in it in the same way that most believers do, which is that we keep coming back in different fleshly bodies until we have achieved perfection.

I do, however, strongly suspect that we may well be spirit creatures who find it necessary to inhabit a fleshly body from time to time, and that this entails us having to leave behind most of our past memories.

I say most memories, because many people seem to have some vestigal recollections that don`t seem to fit in with earthly experiences.

I`m pretty sure that I chose my parents! I have a recollection of being shown a young and kind couple through some form of astral telescope and choosing to become their son. No I`ve not had a beer since yesterday Uncle Bruce, I just think that there are many persons who have some sort of "handle" on spiritual things that the WTBTS has tried to supress.

Many people believe in a spirit world other than heaven. Meditation and Chakra work, or the gentler Yoga, can help us to gain an inner peace, and often a gift of healing.

Be honest, dont you sometimes feel a sense of second sight? And doesn`t this sometimes frighten you? Ah, could this be demons?

Maybe it is time for ex-JW`s to admit that they may well have an inner power that, whilst unleashed, is causing some considerable discomfort!

Englishman.

• somebody
    somebody

Englishman,

Are you absolutely SURE you haven't had any beer today?

I'm an x jw and I don't have any inner powers or the "second sight" you're talking about. I've read very little about reincarnation, so I don't really have an opinion on that theory either.

peace,
    somebody

• mommy
    mommy

Englishman,
    I am going to get first dabs at this, before Thinker's Wife
    I have had several experiences like I "knew" someone before. As a matter of fact my hubby now is the perfect example. He is my soul mate and I feel like I have known him forever. The bond that we share is amazing. A chain of events occured in my life and this led me to him. Very strange happenings, I was somewhere I would never have been and there he was.
    Also when my daughter first started talking she said some strange things, like "I wanna go home now" I would tell her "You are home" And she replied,"No my other home" Or "I want my mommy" "My other mommy" No these weren't her first words! But I sensed that she knew this wasn't the place she was before. It is strange because she always was an unhealthy baby, even in utero. So to ease my heart I am hoping she is on a journey in her life and I am just a resting stop for her, and maybe I can teach her something while she is with me.
    I also have not been drinking This is hard for me to discuss because it is personal, and hope everyone respects that.Thanks for letting me share.
    wendy

• Englishman
    Englishman

Chag,

An easy way to see if you have a second sight or healing touch is simply to sit silently with your palms held upwards on outstretched arms.

If you just meditate on a relaxing thought - say a floating leaf or waterfall - after a few minutes you may get a sensation of heat in your palms.

This may well be a healing energy that you can literally focus upwards and bounce of the sky in the direction of someone who needs uplifting.

And no, I`m off to the pub in about 45 minutes, so I am totally sober!

Englishman.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I believe we are all part of one universal living entity that uses us to grow through experiencing new sensations.

The more new sensations we create or experience the happier we are as part of this growing entity.

If you would life to read more about my thoughts visit the lifeism page on my homepage link.

hugs

Joel

• Englishman
    Englishman

Wendy,

I appreciate your thoughts on this, do you mind if I come back to you later?

Englishman

• mommy
    mommy

Englishman,
    Go to the pub, think about it, and then give me your thoughtsheehee
    love,
    wendy

• somebody
    somebody

Mommy and Joel,

You both seem to know what Englishman is talking about, so maybe some people have it, and some people just don't.

Englishman,

An easy way to see if you have a second sight or healing touch is simply to sit silently with your palms held upwards on outstretched arms.

I'll try that, when nobody is home though. If my husband or teens ever walked in the room and I was doing that, they might see it as a confirmation that I've gone off the deep end.

This may well be a healing energy that you can literally focus upwards and bounce of the sky in the direction of someone who needs uplifting.

you don't mean the deceased, do you? Or do you mean anyone who might need uplifting.

peace,
    somebody

PS...have a drink ( or maybe 2 ) for me at the pub!
    Have a good night.

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

to the Reincarnation, silly, dilly and the dally.

Intuition. We are what we have experienced. We are a collective conciousness. "ohhhhhh, I think I just had de ja vu and amnesia at the same time." How we humans like to attribute the celestial to little things. Its cute I guess. Naive, but arn't we all. When I read little thoughts like these I can't help but sigh. Something concrete like the Bible is chewed in half by such surfers of philosophy but Faith is promulgated by such confounded ideas of past lives for which the only evidence is of bubbles breaking all around your little minds. I must complement your imagination though, but your well wishing is not only banal, but nauseating. Okie dokie Tah tah

• mommy
    mommy

perfectpie,
    Thank you I was waiting on your permission
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit