Very Bad News Re: Post Yesterday

by Celtic 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

I'm not sure how to put this news gently to the community here, but regarding my post yesterday regarding Chantelle.

Thankyou for all of your kind messages and warmth displayed on your parts.

Chantelle was only 16 when disfellowshipped. Only 18 years old with her whole life in front of her. She took her own life this morning at 0400hrs.

I am so sorry not to have been in a better position to get your letters to her in time.

Take care all of you & kindest regards

Mark Price - Cornwall UK

PS If any of you have messages of condolence to pass along to Adele, her 'worldly' 'adoptive' mother, I'm sure she would appreciate it. With her permission, I'll post her email address so that you may send tender outpourings in her direction. Today, she is at work, carrying on as normal, though obviously is extremely distressed.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Absolutely devastating news Celtic... My condolances to her "adoptive" mother.. Thanks for trying to help her Celtic.

Path

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh those bastards. That poor kid.

You did your best Celtic, wish I could say something more helpful,

Englishman.

• Angharad
    Angharad

What a tragic, waste of a young life. Another WT victim

Deepest sympathy to Adele who was more of a mother to her than her real family was.

((((Celtic & Adele))))

Edited by - angharad on 24 September 2002 7:41:40

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm so angry I'm grinding my teeth.

All my family's sympathy to Adele.

ash

• Berean
    Berean

I just read your post from yesterday. I am not able to keep up with the forum on a regular basis, kind of hit and miss.

The burning of the pictures was sick and depraved. Although this is beside the point, what would have happened if the girl was reinstated? Too bad . . . the pictures are gone. That was NOT a loving and Christian thing to do - burning the pictures, disowning the girl, throwing her away as though she were unwanted garbage.

Sick, twisted, and unloving reasoning blamed on God! The Bible condems that thinking.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved . . . yes, even to her parents. May the true peace of God be with everyone.

Berean

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Oh no.

Damn. I ... *sigh*...I don't know if I'm in any shape to say anything uplifting. Damn.

I'm really sorry. Adele, thank you for being there for her, and trying to help. I'm sorry I can't think of anything else to say right now.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Celtic,

I didn't get to read your post yesterday, but the tragedy of suicide of anyone, let alone a young person, is a waste. A waste of life, of what could have been, should have been.

The young person didn't get a chance to experience life in which they're allowed a chance to mellow, find a longer range of happiness ratio - which can be short when young and unhappy.

My condolences to the ones who loved her - and showed it.

waiting

• Nassau
    Nassau

Life is so short...why this! I am very sorry to hear about this news!

My Deepest sympathy to Adele!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Oh, Celtic, my heart does leap thousands of miles to embrace you and Adele in your time of loss. I am so very sorry. (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

The WTBTS do have a responsibility to all of us. Though they are not directly to blame for suicide, they lay the foundations for the great despair that brings our loved ones to that place. They just don't want to hurt anymore.

I have experienced suicide directly. There is little solace for those loved ones left behind. We just have to try and accept what has happened and live this beautiful life. She will be in your heart always.

And, though it pains me now to say this, those thoughts were mine when I was not only df'd when I was a young and nieve 21, and my mother (and father) booted me from my home. For one indescretion. For a youthful try at trying to find love. Life is not fair.

Love,

Sentinel/Karen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit