Ozzie's Weekend Poll #21

by ozziepost 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It has always irritated me that elders drop by when it is convenient for THEM. I expect a phone call from them to set up a time convenient for ME if they are really doing it out of love and concern for me. I hate it when they say, "We just happened to be in the neighborhood," and they are dressed in suits and it is 8 pm at night. I even had one elder say they had called but couldn't reach me. I mentioned that I had an answering machine that was in perfect operating condition as well as caller ID so even if they had called and not left a message, I would have known they tried calling.

Oh yes! I can relate to that!

Cheers, ozzie

• alfie
    alfie

Well, we wouldn't be visited by any elders, because when we stopped meeting attendance, we had just moved into a new circuit, and didn't get to know anyone in the area. As well, when I served in previous congregations, we only formed a close friendship with one other servant. If they ever visited the conversation would probably go something like this:

US: Hi you guys, come on in.

THEM: How are you, getting to the meetings?

US: No, we're having a little trouble with a few issues like the changing date thing, and the changing blood issue thing, and the UN involvement issue. (Ask #18 & 12)

THEM: Those are stumbling blocks put out by apostates, you shouldn't be listening to that stuff.

US: It's not apostate thinking at all. You need to look into it for yourselves.

BROTHER THEM: Anyway, I see you're still wearing that beard. You should really get rid of it.

SISTER THEM: You know, I've never understood the fuss over beards; I think some brothers look great in them.(Looking at me) Alfie really suits his, and he always keeps it trim and neat. What's the big deal?

US: (Ask# 6) It seems to be a big problem and yet the organization keeps covering it up and DFing brothers who speak up. Doesn't that bother you?

THEM: What problem? That's just another apostate rumour, now the churches ; they have a scandal to be worried about.

US: Are you afraid to face facts? Why won't you look into it?

THEM: Hey, did you see (insert whichever C&W concert was on TV) last night. It was really good. OK< let's go and eat, we're hungry!!

THE END

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

Edited by - alfie on 22 September 2002 4:32:36

• Prisca
    Prisca
    5. It's not convenient right now.

In the first year I was inactive, the elders would turn up for sheperding visits anytime they felt like it. The last time they tried doing that, I simply told the elder it wasn't convenient right now, and I would let them know when it was a more suitable time. I haven't called back since.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

21) I check to see who it is and if it's elders or "lost" pioneers who don't really want to do field service, then I don't answer the door! Another great poll Oz!

Edited by - cyberguy on 22 September 2002 1:25:32

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now cyberguy, don't be shy!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Beans
    Beans

Didn`t you hear, I`m an apostate now!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

There are two "elders" that I would scream out loud and slam the door in their face!

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband said he would ask "If I came to the KH, would anyone speak to me?"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

He already knows the answer, Mulan, right? !!

Makes it all seem so stupid now, doesn't it?

Cheers to hubby from another E who saw the light.

Ozzie

• Europe
    Europe

21.Why is the WTS hiding so many phaedophiles? Do they collect them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit