Ozzie's Weekend Poll #21

by ozziepost 40 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Oz!

17. Why can't I wear a beard?

I started a thread about this recently, and I still can't work it out! Jesus ( no less! ) is ALWAYS illustrated as wearing a beard in ALL the WT publications - that should be an indication that it is christian practice to copy Jesus and grow a beard! BUT! wearing a beard is scorned upon by the WBTS! In fact, JW's are told that it is a sign of "spiritual weakness." If there is a JW out there who can explain why the WBTS disapprove of those who wear beards, even though the WBTS show JESUS wearing a beard, I would be extremely grateful!

BTW, Oz, No 21... "You are following a false prophet, condemned by Deuteronomy 18:20-22, can I show you why...?" ( Sadly, elders make a brief exit...). Except one, who returns to learn more...having doubts?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If the elders visited you this weekend, what would you say?

1. Hello. Can I help you?

2. Won't you come in?

6. Have you seen Dateline/Panorama/Sunday?

21. Other (please give details)

Let me tell you my story!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

hELLO OZZIE,

Did it already:

2. Won't you come in?

12. Have you heard anything about the Watchtower Society and the UN?

15. If I came to the meetings, would anyone speak to me?

NEXT TIME THEY VISIT

21. NO! I can't meet with you that evening

Jst2laws

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Wolfgirl............LMAO !!!!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

# 6, #7, #12 and #21 in that they should of called before coming all the way out here.

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

I say number 17: Why can't I wear a beard? I have a bit of a goatee on my chin, and so help me, if it was good enough for Jesus and the early Christians, it's good enough for me.

Ephanyminitas, who doesn't even believe in Jesus ...

• Wren
    Wren

LOL #9. Thanks! That is what I'm going to say!

• Scully
    Scully
    1. Hello. Can I help you?

2. Won't you come in?

3. I'm not interested.

4. Not today, thank you.

5. It's not convenient right now.

7. Should you be speaking to me?

8. Why have you come?

9. Are you lost?

10. May I show you why I have become a Christian/Buddhist/agnostic/atheist/humanist etc?

11. May I interest you in an Amway career?

12. Have you heard anything about the Watchtower Society and the UN?

13. Why do you think the churches have had problems with paedophile priests?

14. Why won't you speak to me at the supermarket?

15. If I came to the meetings, would anyone speak to me?

16. I heard a lot have left the organisation; is it true?

18. I heard 1914 may be changed; is that true?

19. I read in the Watchtower that Jesus is not my mediator. Did you know that?

20. I don't remember you.

21. Other (please give details)

21. Why didn't you come in March to invite me to the Memorial?

22. Do you think I'm unworthy to attend the Memorial?

23. Do you think I'd "partake unworthily"?

24. Can I tell you where to shove your cult?

Love, Scully

• Swan
    Swan

Well if they showed up at my door I would have to figure it would be something pretty important that they had to tell me. Nobody has called on me for 8 years. I guess I am over my anger enough to ask them

2. Won't you come in?

After our conversation I would then put a tarp over our car to protect it from pig droppings.

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

21. Other

It has always irritated me that elders drop by when it is convenient for THEM. I expect a phone call from them to set up a time convenient for ME if they are really doing it out of love and concern for me. I hate it when they say, "We just happened to be in the neighborhood," and they are dressed in suits and it is 8 pm at night. I even had one elder say they had called but couldn't reach me. I mentioned that I had an answering machine that was in perfect operating condition as well as caller ID so even if they had called and not left a message, I would have known they tried calling. Then he tried to back track and say, "Oh, maybe I thought about calling so hard it seemed like I did."

Don't was your breath talking to them. It's will be like throwing pearls before swine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit