dark clouds

is there a glytch in the matrix????

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

been duplicating all morning

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Dark Clouds

u misunderstand me... the point i'm trying to make is that if we pull different points out of different religions, are we just pulling out those ideas we feel comfortable with and getting no closer to the truth?

Yours Dig

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Although i do feel that this is the way to go. But something that i've read about buddhism, which appeals to me is that if we accept we're going to die we will make the most out of our short lives. If this is the case then do we need to worry about getting closer to the truth?

• joelbear
    joelbear

I believe morals and ethics are specific evolutionary survival strategies that are interwoven with our genetic ancestry.

I think religions are simply political mechanisms that have nothing really to do with morality.

hugs

Joel

• unanswered
    unanswered

hey chuck, nice post. i for one feel it is way to self limiting to deny the common truths found in so many religions/belief systems throughout the world. when christians refuse to accept the validity of the neighborly values of the buddists, the factual reality of the taoists, the earth science of the druids, etc., etc., they close themselves off to a wealth of information that could help them understand life and the earth they live on. the fact that so many religions have similar legends/stories means something!! to answer just one of your questions to us all "? Why was one chosen over the other when it is obvious that these 2
    major world religions originated from the same source?" refering to judaism verses islam, i think islam was rejected much later by a christian world who's biggest enemies, suprise, suprise, where the muslims. it was much easier to decide that their enemies were wrong and heathen and label the jews, who weren't really causing any trouble, as the more valid forefathers of their religion. i realize there were more factors involved, but the politics came into play heavily. thanks for starting this interesting thread-the WT hates speculation(supposedly) but i find it fun.:)-nate

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

chuck - have you seen "the last temptation of christ"?

i think you'd really dig it

it explores a very interesting view on the way in which jesus came to the realisation of his divinity and destiny

it's slow moving but worth the concentration and the end is simply OUTSTANDINGLY EXCELLENT

you'll probably find you'll watch it a few times

another reason to see it - it's the type of film that drives fundamentalists like the jw's totally nuts because it presents a view of the jesus story from a startlingly fresh persepctive

BADASS

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

unaNSWERED

thanks for starting this interesting thread-the WT hates speculation(supposedly) but i find it fun.:)-nate

aint it even sweeter speculating when you haven't been allowed to speculate for such a fuckin' long time ?

BADASS

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

I CHING u BADASS:

keep getting a kick out of that, not that im instigating any type s&m activity . . .

anywho, The Last Temptation of Christ was fabulous and Peter Gabriel's score was excellent, it took me a couple of sittings to get through it but the message was right on, partially because of the time of night i started watching it, indeed it is a bit slow, but very well written. . .

Unanswered: Totally political i agree 1000%, honestly i am coming to the conclusion that if indeed Satan and Yahweh are at odds, simply to give these energies a name, religion is the way that satan keeps people from the truths of the enlightened men that walked our planet over the centuries. . . .

PS if you like Anne Rice, Memnoch the Devil, has an interesting angle on the relationship between god and the devil, sometimes fiction is louder than fact, check it out. . .

CHUCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit