Emoticons

by bigfloppydog 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I like to use fun emoticons from here:

http://www.mysmilies.com

Select which emoticon you want, then right click and copy; then come over to the thread you want click on Post Reply and in the toolbar there is an icon called "Insert Picture From Web (Link)". It's the one that has a chain link at the bottom of the yellow square. Then paste into "Picture Source". Delete [IMG] out of the front and back of your link. Select OK and it will appear in your message. Like this:

And off you go!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Here's another "Newbie Education Page" thread from about two months ago or so:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32714&page=1&site=3#434596

Also, as I am typing this in the "REPLY TO TOPIC" window, right below the window-box are two sentences in blue:

Add emotions to your message Use Forum Code in your message

By clicking on either of those two sentences at the very bottom of this REPLY-window-box, a separate little window will open up with a few examples of emoticons; and for the Forum Code a few examples of coding, such as bold, underline, italics, putting paragraphs in quotes, etc.

However, one of the emoticon codes never works and it is this one: [>:(] annoyed

Also, if anyone can tell me WHAT is the coding for increasing FONT SIZE in a reply?

Thanks.
    Grits

• DJ
    DJ

Floppy,

I see what you typed for the 'frown' emoticon and it looks exactly like what I'm typing for it too. I have no idea why yours didn't work??? I can see that you typed a bracket then a colon then a parenthesis then another bracket. Hmm, you got me confused. You did it right. Maybe, try posting in Tech? dj

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Just trying again:

[ : D ]

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Thanks "Myself"

That is the link I went to, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I guess I will just keep trying.

• glitter
    glitter

I wanna try:

Edited to say: Yay me!!!

Edited by - glitter on 20 September 2002 1:54:5

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

It is 3 a.m. I believe I finally got it thank you all for your help.

I tried what Big Tex suggested and it worked, Thanks.

Here is just two I chose for now to experiment. You made my day!

• DJ
    DJ

Oh Floppy, hmmm. What did Big Tex tell ya?

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

DJ: Thanks for your help with the Emoticons. Big Tex just gave me a website to go to and I did, and eventually it worked.

The Puppy

• Nikita
    Nikita

BFD, we can't see the emoticons, because it looks like they are on your computer. We see the red x's.

When I look at your trials before, I might be wrong but are you putting in spaces?

example [ ;) ] Don't put any spaces in at all.

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit