Emoticons

by bigfloppydog 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I am hoping Simon can shed some light here. I use the Emoticons, even put in the space, but nothing comes out except the black letters, not the coloured emotions, I must be doing something wrong. Could someone give me some info on this. I got these off the Post "Topic: Codes for Emoticons." but they are not working for me. Thanx

The puppy.

• DJ
    DJ

Hiya Floppydog,

?????? Have you tried enclosing it in brackets....[ ] Works for me. luv, dj

• LuckyLucy
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

.....and I can only do this one .....thats it ...and theres another.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

DJ:

Did that, not working though. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

• DJ
    DJ

Floppy,

That's weird, ok I'll try again...here goes.... Floppy, practice here, I won't laugh....

On a thread that i posted to last night (IMA's) my [:v] didn't work and I'm not sure why? I know, lets make this thread our playground! We can practice til we get it...lol......I think that I will try to make a copy of the emoticons from chat and keep it handy 'cause I cannot commit these to memory. The wt clogged my brain too much.

Scooby,

Don't feel bad...lol...I can only remember those two. I also can't figure out why..when I copy and paste a quote on a thread~~~~ I don't get the shadowed box, just the quote and it looks like I typed it, not pasted it. I dunno.......................... dj lol

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I"m game: I'll give it a try. here goes.

[:( ]

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

WELL THAN!

That did not work, I will try something different.

Here goes

;) :? [;) ] [:? ]

• Dawn
    Dawn

Try it like this........I put spaces in so the emoticon doesn't show up - just the keystrokes:

[ : D ] =

[ : ) ] =

[ ; ) ] =

[ : P ] =

[ : ( ] =

That's all I know

Edited by - Dawn on 19 September 2002 22:29:41 - because I suck at getting the icons to show up right....

Edited by - Dawn on 19 September 2002 22:30:15

Edited by - Dawn on 19 September 2002 22:31:46

Edited by - Dawn on 19 September 2002 22:32:22

• myself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit