Should I hit send button as is? Change? Or just hit delete?

by Lied2NoMore 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

If your aim is to convince her of a single point about a scripture applying to Satan, restrict your response to that.

If your aim is to both convince her of ^that point and, in doing so, chisel away at a blockade of critical thinking, restrict your response accordingly.

If your goal is to vent your frustrations with the cult without regard to preserving a relationship with this individual, post your original reply (which is a laundry list of complaints).

Either one is fine, depending upon the

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm not sure of your purpose, but the first half paragraph will say what fairly needs to be said in response to the deletion of your post.

I'd edit it down to : Truth will always stand up to scrutiny if it indeed is truth. Lies can only stand if the truth isn't allowed to be revealed.

The rest is fine if you want to shut your sister out of your life til kingdom come. As true as it is, every bit of hostility doesn't need to come outoday, does it? You know that your posting it will put you on permanent outs with sis, right?

• steve2
    steve2

Too much venom in your response - it's like overkill.

Tucked away in one of your long paragrpahs is you hunch that she will not read your answer because she'll think it's a rant. She would not be wrong in thinking that.

A short sweet answer may be the way to go. Perhaps take the wind out of her sail by saying something gentle and kind.

I have yet to meet a JW anywhere who has an Aha! moment in the kind of exchange you were "setting up".

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

I would vote that you don't send it. She will probably read the first few lines before going into full cult mode and apply bad intent to the message, apostate lies etc or just delete it right away.

If you want to respond I would suggest you do it short and lovingly so you won't drown her in TTATT. And so she will consider what you write without rejecting it instantly.

That is my opinion anyways :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit