Should I hit send button as is? Change? Or just hit delete?

by Lied2NoMore 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

So after being deleted because of my comment on her Instagram post by my sister-in-law I got a text from her stating she didn't want a debate on Instagram and the scripture I posted would not apply to satan, they are worried about me, go see elders, return to Jehovah, or else you won't get life, etc etc...

I'm ready to respond with the following reply:

so....hit send? Make changes? Delete it all?

"Your reaction in deleting the post and me is a sure sign that your beliefs are as fragile as a house of cards. Makes perfect sense because you don't hold to any of your own beliefs or convictions you only believe what the watchtower corporation dictates what you must believe. Truth will always stand up to scrutiny if it indeed is truth. Lies can only stand if the truth isn't allowed to be revealed. I am vastly more intelligent than any elder who's only qualification is to have that title is to put the correct amount of numbers on a time slip every month. No schooling, no advanced education, no degrees.

And I don't need 7 old buffoons that live in New York that I have never met to dictate my entire belief system. If I insisted that the world conform to my beliefs you would call me mentally ill but at the same time 7 million JW"s happily comply with the governing buffoons dictates.

I will make a prediction that you and I both will live out our lives never seeing the result of anything the WT has ever taught. 100% guarantee.That's more accurate than the drivel tight pants Tony Morris has said in the past couple days. Nothing the WT has ever predicted has ever happened. I'm not attacking you personally, I too have love for you guys, but please don't take liberties with me that you would never dare do in service and tell someone they should listen to you and do what you say, become a JW or die. You don't do that to strangers because you know how highly offensive that would be so don't do it to me.

My baptism as JW was invalid because I didn't do it according to their rules.I erred when I was baptized at 16. I was told I wasn't qualified to be baptized as a JW by the last elder who went thru questions with me, I didn't say a prayer of dedication, and I didn't verbally answer the two questions because I knew it would be a lie to answer them with a yes. I only went ahead and did it to avoid embarrassment. I was a stupid 16 year old kid, I caved into peer pressure from moronic (name deleted) who had me convinced I would die at Armageddon if I wasn't baptized at that age. More guilt and fear that is a learned behavior just like the wt loves to use against its members to motivate them to do as they say.

You should be happy that I have a peaceful state of mind now. Away from the fear mongering and guilt tripping your subjecting yourself to for 3 days. I'm happy because of it. If I told that fact to a mental health professional I wouldn't hear any debate about it like I would from a JW who has mental illness from the mind control they are subjected to. I have become immune and very aware of mind control in use. I will never be victimized by it again.

I am confident you will read this thru and quickly dismiss all of it as a rant from someone who desperately needs help. That's part of your narcissistic personality disorder from a lifetime of hearing your right and everyone else is wrong about your beliefs. Understandable. I'm not worried about myself you admitted you are. Probably in turmoil like my mother. That mindset will continue with you because of where you get your information. I'm just fine your not. Allow yourself to learn TTATT and set yourself free.

By the way, did you just notice that Geoffrey Jackson just admitted to the world that Jehovah is not really gods name? After telling the world and all its members for over 100 years it is? Wow! It's understandable that they are going to stick with it anyhow because it would be too costly to reincorporate as Yahweh Witnesses. I suppose they need to conserve as much dough as possible so more is available for all the pedophile lawsuits they are losing which is costing millions. Make sure you put money in those boxes to help them protect more pedophiles."

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Reword it less offensively. You ask her to not speak offensively to you while doing the same in return.

Also calling the GB buffoons and "tight pants tony" etc. will detract from your point. That is all she will see, will gloss over the rest and probably not even finish it.

It it may have been cathartic to write, but re-read it with her eyes. JWs are VERY sensitive to criticism of their leaders and religion. It is counterproductive. Try rewriting it with a more loving but factual tone, you will get more mileage out of it guaranteed.

Or delete it. That's a better option than sending what you have there.

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat
    I agree with Captain Obvious. I would just say simply one of your sentences- that the truth will stand up to scrutiny if it is the truth.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    There are some cases where it is better to keep silent. Attacking their religious leaders does more harm than good.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If it was me, I'd just forget the whole thing. Let her have her moment of glory. Sometimes we say it best when we say nothing at all.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Truth will always stand up to scrutiny if it indeed is truth. Lies can only stand if the truth isn't allowed to be revealed.

It's true that it can be offensive to you SIL and I'm not sure what kind of relationship you have with her and how much you can get away with, I know some that can talk to each other like that and still carry a relationship. You have to decide if you can say all those things or not. But I will say this;

I love it!!!!!

Man would I wish I could use your words and spurt them out to all my ex-friends and family that are still in.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Delete

DELETE

DELETE!

LeavingQuietly: There are some cases where it is better to keep silent. Attacking their religious leaders does more harm than good.

Good advice. Your posted reply will simply poison the water and clearly mark you as a mentally diseased apostate.

Doc

• oppostate
    oppostate

You've made some excellent points like:

Truth will always stand up to scrutiny if it indeed is truth. Lies can only stand if the truth isn't allowed to be revealed.

Which are quite true and should hit hard if she thinks about it.

Towards the end of your note the quip jabbing her about God's name not being Jehovah is... uhhh... not entirely accurate.

Jehovah is as good as a name for God in English, as Jesus (DJEE-zuhz) is for Christ. Yahweh may be as good as Yeshua in pronouncing those names.

If you're going to say Yahweh, you might as well say Yeshua, or Yirmiyahu (for Jeremiah) or Yeshayahu (for Issaiah), and this would probably peg you as a Sacred Names Movement follower not a Jehovah's Witness.

If in Spanish you spell out Jesus like in English, but pronounce it "HEY-soos" it goes to show you how silly it sounds to insist on DJEE-zuhz but then say Yahweh. They are merely two different traditions, the one is an English names' tradition, the other is a modern scholarly tradition.

This may be news to all who disagree with this and insist on Yahweh. But...

In Hebrew it would never be pronounced like YA (as in yacht) with the second syllable WAY. In Biblical Hebrew the H was always pronounced, and that's why it was written. So if you don't aspirate the H's then you're not even close to how it may have been pronounced back then.

Josephus makes the point that it is pronounced as it is written. So look at how Judah (with Hebrew letters corresponding to YHWDH) and pronounced YEH-HOO-DAH, compares to Jehovah (YHWH) the D is the only difference. So if it was read as written just take out the D in YEH-HOO-DAH and you're left with YEH-HOO-AH.

Since Jehovah comes from Latin IEHOVAH, and IEHOVAH is a translitteration (alphabetic substitution) for YEH-HOO-AH then there's nothing wrong with using Jehovah and anyone who tells you different is just not well informed about the entire history and pronunciation of the Divine Name.

All right, now that I got that out of the way, I'd say redact the last paragraph and hit send if you want to hit hard, and probably distance her from you. But if not, then release a big sigh and hit delete instead.

• clarity
    clarity

Brilliant writing my friend. For sure if I had ever received such from my brother It would really have had positive impact. But that is just me.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to hit that button though. Leave it for at least 3 days ..... and then see how YOU feel about it. Wishing you only the best.

clarity

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If you send that it's a good chance that you will never hear from her again. I guess if you don't really like her then we'll and good but if not then I would suggest you think carefully. I don't know what state your fade is in, but if this gets passed on to elders there could be trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit