Do you believe what the Bible teaches? If "yes", why? If "no", why?

by Tenacious 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

when I went to school as a child the kids didn't use bad words but now they do.

What is a "bad" word? And, unless you were around every student all the time, you've no idea if they did. Unless you're in school now and around all the kids all the time, you've no idea of the frequency.

I will say it is hard to disprove the Bible.

It's incredibly easy to disprove the Bible.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

There is some interesting reading in the  WWF’s Living Planet Report 2014

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

the bad words I meant are words my dictionary calls taboo words. I've understood that if I use them when talking to the police I may be in trouble.

A teaching assistant I know told me one day recently how much bad language she hears in the primary school playground. This is in a middle class area. When I mentioned it to my wife she said she remembers when a child in her primary school used a bad word and got sent to the headmaster and it was the talk of the school playground. My school was similar.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you to keep in mind that the WTS's propagation of mankind living in the last days by observation of world events is just a part the marketing strategy the WTS has used to increase readership of its publications.  

The truth is there is no confirming evidence that since 1914 the world and the pertaining struggles of what mankind have increased in a matter of fact they have gotten better.

But shoush don't ruin the fear mongering strategy of this religious publishing house. 

By the way if you object to the core marketing strategy or doctrines of this religious publishing house you will be demonized by the GB leaders.

They have to protect what they have got going, you do understand ?   

• prologos
    prologos

Do I believe what the bible teaches? well, it teaches of course, but,  is it all true? No, starting from Gen 1:1. 

Has it some good points? of course. It is convenient to know, when so many around you are supposed to believe and follow it. You would know what to expect, and be wise to their fallacies and arguments. 

Yes I believe the bible's teachings are useful to know, and if you do, cope with the fact that it is not factual.  

• Ucantnome
  • feenx
    feenx

Greetings fellow spiritual travelers!

i.m.h.o., it's important to remember that the bible canon, as we were taught, is a very much condensed version of ancient texts and information. It is essentially the cliff notes of antiquity. 

Therefore using it as a sole basis or teaching, for any realm of belief or interpretation, is quite literally an incomplete approach.

Though society has shifted over the ages, humans have been doing the same shit since there were humans. Once all of humanity steps up to the plate to shape their own future, we'll see change. 

Until then, the debate cycles will continue. Developing new opinions on the same set of limited information will keep spewing the same results. Hence the never ending question of, is society really getting worse?

Any test will yield the same results if the same stimuli is used every time. 

• cofty
    cofty

The data settles the question that society is getting better beyond doubt.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Ucantnome, I don't know how old you are, but when I was in primarily we swore all the time. I was brought up in a very middle class area (Winchester/ Southampton) in a rural community. 
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Did they still have the cane at your school cant leave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit