A complex question who of you knows the answer?

by MARTINLEYSHON 41 Replies latest jw friends

• capbuster
    capbuster

You all ever read the Lord's prayer where it says in Matt.6:9-13

9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11.Give us this day our daily bread.

12.And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

the next two verses are good to

14.For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15. But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

As Christians we still sin everyday, sometimes not even knowing it, but most times through bouts of anger, and flare up of of tempers and many other reasons. We are not perfect yet. We still have this corruptable body and it will always be that way until Jesus comes back after his church that's when we put on incorruptable bodies I Corinthians 15: 35-58. Take care all.

Capbuster

Edited by - capbuster on 20 September 2002 1:29:28

• Mathetes
    Mathetes

Gumby wrote-

A wife would appreciate being told you are sorry for erring on each occation, rather than a one time apology......she is Human....she needs to know.

Do you think of God or Christ as someone who needs to be told you are sorry?

The Bible makes it clear that God has feelings, and they are affected by the behavior of people. For example:

Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart. Genesis 6:5,6

Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me. Proverbs 27:11

In view of these scriptures showing that God does have feelings, I think it is most appropriate to apologize for wrongdoing and ask forgiveness. You assume that God does not need to be apologized to like a human would. What do you base that upon?

Gumby wrote-

but why ask for forgivness?

As I and Capbuster have both made clear, we are instructed to do so in the Lords Prayer. I have already explained why I feel this is reasonable.

Gumby wrote-

Religious folk other than witnesses DO ask for forgivness.

I never said that they didnt. Why do you bring this up?

Let me ask you: Do you pray to God? Do you consider yourself to have a relationship with him? Just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit