A complex question who of you knows the answer?

by MARTINLEYSHON 41 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

that was a stupid question???you would really have to be stupid. to want to go back.after the wt put you through the wringer!!!! john

• minimus
    minimus

MARTIN.....your premise is questionable.

• Hyde_n_Sikh
    Hyde_n_Sikh

If Baptism washes away your sins, as taught by JWs,

This statement is incorrect. JWs teach that baptism is a request made to God for a good conscience.

what prevents a Disfellowshiped person who has moved to a new area and is not known in that area in attending meetings as an interested person and getting baptised within 6 months.

Regardless of the exact meaning of baptism as taught by JWs, a DFd person could certainly attend meetings as an interested person and get rebaptized.

Has anyone ever done that?

There have been stories circulated about situations such as this. Most end with statements concerning Jehovahs ability to expose wrongdoing within the org.

A variation on the theme concerns the situation of a baptized brother who was in an accident and lost his memory. Somehow he drifted to an area where he was not known and was again contacted by JWs. He was (re)baptized and was assisting at a Kingdom Hall quick build where he was spotted by an associate from his former congregation. The associate spoke to local elders and was informed that the person in question was indeed a baptized brother who had amnesia. The associate then contacted the brothers family and the family was reunited. This story was used to illustrate that Jehovahs sheep will recognize the truth and associate themselves with his organization.

If so can the person be disfellowshipped a second time? What would be his status. Is this a loophole does anyone know the answer?

More correctly, the second baptism would be invalid due to the disapproved state of the individual at the time of the second baptism.

Your original premise is faulty, however it seems that the purpose of your post is to determine a method for reassociation rather than to discuss doctrine. If that is indeed the case, then your proposed alternative is not viable. Risk of exposure is almost certain, given time. The stress on the individual in question would be another factor to consider.

Edited by - Hyde_n_Sikh on 15 September 2002 16:31:7

• Swan
    Swan

When I was very young I was taught that baptism was the washing away of sins. Then about 1967 I was told that it was about dedicating your life to Jehovah, not washing away your sins. I don't know when exactly this changed, but I think the washing away of sins must have been old light. Like I said, I was rather young at the time this happened and didn't really understand. This is also about the time that the book "Your Word is a Lamp to my Foot" came out for "dedicated" people.

I was a bit too young to understand all of it at that time. Some of their concepts were so complicated for young children to understand, and then once you figured it out, new light that was equally complex came out. Growing up, I never could understand why "The Truth" was so complicated. Shouldn't it be simple, like light? If you are in a dark cave and someone comes along and offers you a lamp, what difference does it make if the lamp is old or new? Light is light. There is no new light or old light. Just another inconsistancy I had problems understanding.

Does anyone else remember this?

Tammy

• JT
    JT

our sins - past, present and future -

Now this is cool even before sleeping with someone's mate this person's sins are ALREADY FORGIVEN- now i like a religion like this

• Carmel
    Carmel

Only if the baptism was by "water and fire". Bet yer chicken shit to try baptism bible style!

carmel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If Baptism washes away your sins, as taught by JWs

JWs do not teach that. The only way to "wash away" sins, or should I say "WHITE wash away sins" is to be well-connected to the local elders, or the GB. Jehovah has nothing to do with their local politics, patronizing of cronies and friends, or cover-ups.

Farkel

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

A tricky situation, but the real question is this:

Who are you trying to fool? If you believe this is God's Org and that's why you want back in, then do you really think you'll be able to fool God?

If this is just a human org, then yes, you probably could pull some kind of stunt like that, but why go to all that trouble to join a human org that is really retentive, stupid, and boring. It'd be more fun to join the boy scouts, at least they are allowed to play with guns.

More importantly, if this is just a human org, and it is claiming to be God's org, joining it might incur the wrath of the almighty who hates to be misrepresented. Consider yourself freed by the underserved kindness of God. Now go have a threesome.

CZAR

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Judging from some of the replies to this thread, I am disappointed that a number of you have missed the point entirely. Instead of replying in haste, why dont you read the thread think about it and then reply. I do not want to get in by the back door, I was merely wondering if it could or has been done.

Martin

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Martin, the point is... I can't discuss the theory with you, because your starting point "JW teach baptism washes away sins" is false. What value would a discussion have, if the starting point of that discussion is false?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit