A complex question who of you knows the answer?

by MARTINLEYSHON 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I know a couple who did this.

They were disfellowshipped in New York and moved to Arizona, pretended that were simply interested and got baptized again.

I don't know how they managed it, I just know that when the new CO came, surprise, he was the same CO that serviced their congregation in New York and they were busted!

• ballistic
    ballistic

There is a story which may be true about the disfellowshipped UK guy became a CO in the US. A couple on holiday in the US went to the COs talk and found their disfellowshipped publisher on the platform.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Ballistic

Does that mean that he was forgiven in Jehovahs eyes, because he was so blessed? Food for thought hey.

Martin

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some years ago at my home congo a young man starded "Coming along" as an interested person. After a while he started have an interest in a young sister and perhaps that had something to do with his making a confession that he was in fact a d/fd person from another area.

I was not a elder then so I do not have all the details. He convinced them that he wanted to continue , so he carried on coming although now treated as d/fd.

After a while he was re instated , resumed his interest in the girl and eventually they got married.. and lived happily ever after for all that I know.

So , at least in those days there was no way to check, and it would be easy enough now, but who would want to?

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Hey! What's up! I left this organization because it was a complete JOKE. No one threw me out, not one member of my family is DF'd. Guys, I'm here because of the way they treated YOU and the SILENTLAMBS not the way they treated ME. My husband and I make this choice for doctrinal reasons.......and you guys are trying to sneak in the back door?

• minimus
    minimus

MARTIN, you should know JW's don't teach this, as Vivamus expressed. You were recently a Presiding Overseer, huh?? You should also know that the Society has all info in their computer......Some of your comments....

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Martin - not so complex. I ditto Vivamus and Minimus.

YOU oughta know better than to say the JWs teach that.

Mimilly

• SYN
    SYN

Seems to be a lot of trouble to go just to get back into a CULT. Besides, the only good reason for staying "in" the Watchtower would be to maintain association with family/friends, and with this method, you can't do that, so why bother?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    If Baptism washes away your sins, as taught by JWs....then why do they continually ask for the forgivness of their sins at the end of each prayer?????
    If once you accept Christ and your sin's are forgiven at that point......why does anyone claiming to be Christian continually seek forgivness?
    Thats like your dad giving you a bike, then everyday after that you keep asking him for a bike. Another example of the confusion the bible creates.

Why blame the Bible for the confusion of the JW's doctrines? I go to a Christian church, and never once there (or at any other evamgelical church that I know of) have I heard anyone pray in a public prayer for forgiveness of sins. That is because those of us who are born-again Christians believe that our sins - past, present and future - were forgiven at the time we received Christ as our Savior (not at baptism).

The JW's continually ask for forgiveness because they have a works-based theology, where every time they sin, they fall back into God's disfavor and need to request forgiveness all over again. Too bad they miss the real point of Christ's sacrifice - we can have assurance that our sins are forgiven!

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Mimmily Viv Minimus

You are all missing the piont of this thread. It is a what if thread. Is there a loophole for those who want to reconnect with their family.

Martin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit