A complex question who of you knows the answer?

by MARTINLEYSHON 41 Replies latest jw friends

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

If Baptism washes away your sins, as taught by JWs, what prevents a Disfellowshiped person who has moved to a new area and is not known in that area in attending meetings as an interested person and getting baptised within 6 months.

Has anyone ever done that? If so can the person be disfellowshipped a second time? What would be his status. Is this a loophole does anyone know the answer?

Martin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Believe me there were times when I considered this. I have moved to a new part of the country and it would be pretty easy

BUT

I just don't want to live a lie

Been there done that and it just ain't worth it

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think you could do it if you used a false name. If you used your real name, it would eventually catch up to you. I know they have records of all the baptized witnesses on computer.

I called Patterson a few months ago, for my mother, and the man looked me up on his computer. I could hear him doing it. I know he was satisfying his curiosity that I was who I said I was, and that I am not disfellowshipped. After a long pause, he said "Okay, Sister King, how may I help you?"

By the way, I wanted to yell at him "do NOT call me Sister."

Edited by - mulan on 15 September 2002 13:43:13

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Ladylee

It is an interesting concept though. On the day of Baptism all former sins are washed away. You are given a new lease in life. Personally I dont think they can do anything.

Martin

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Mulan

I think they would perhaps catch up with you, but what if you did get baptised before they found out?

Martin

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

i am in no way interested in being a JW and in no way known thaT I AM a even an XJW this is why this family is desperate to move and start a new as worldy persons and be babtized in a worldy church of choice...QUEENIE BTW we R 2 well known where we R at now>..QUEENIE

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I've wondered about this too. My last name is different from when I got married so I think that I could possibly get away with it. . . but I don't want too.

• gumby
    gumby

Heres a better question

If Baptism washes away your sins, as taught by JWs....then why do they continually ask for the forgivness of their sins at the end of each prayer?????

If once you accept Christ and your sin's are forgiven at that point......why does anyone claiming to be Christian continually seek forgivness?

Thats like your dad giving you a bike, then everyday after that you keep asking him for a bike.

Another example of the confusion the bible creates.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Baptism is NOT the washing away of sins. At least, not according to JW. 1 Peter 3:21

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

What would be the point? You would be starting out on a lie. defeats the purpose of it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit