Serious Pet Peeves

by patio34 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

Don't mean to be gripey, but would like to vent about two observations I've made lately:

1) A mother whose child wouldn't follow her soon enough at the grocery store. She said "Okay, goodbye!" My point is what is she thinking? Children are helpless individuals who feel insecure enough. How can any parent threaten a child with abandonment??!!?

2) Men looking at women's chests during a conversation. Don't they know that a woman knows what they're doing???!!! Especially if the woman makes a defensive move like holding a file folder over her chest!! God!!! It makes me so mad. Especially if the man is an employer.

P.S. I don't need advice on handling it--I have before. It's just that this was the first time with this particular man and it really incensed me. It really says a lot about the man that he perhaps isn't aware he's revealing. One, that he deems it appropriate to oogle a woman and not treat her as an equal. Two, that he's insincere in his conversation. Three, he's insensitive to a woman's feelings about this. Four, he's woefully unaware especially in a work situation. Five, that he may well have a sexual harassment charge, or at least an embarrassing situation for him. Well, enough of that. Incidentally, I had nothing suggestive on and am a 55 year old woman, who doesn't tolerate well harassment of any kind. Gr-r-r-r.

Thanks for the venting!

Pat

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

PAT it is okay to vent around me that is what this place is for..MY daughter LISA never worried about being abandoned SHE was usually 10 steps ahead of me and I had to keep up huffing and puffin...MEN looking at womens ceveage well---well look away as I am usually lookinng at his prostrates....BAD QUEENIE right?? ((((HUGS)))) to all...

• footprints
    footprints

I would like to know why some women spend thousands of dollars getting implants, and then invarable they wear low necklines or tight sweaters or even less??????

• patio34
    patio34

Footprints, I agree with you on that score. However, it doesn't apply to my situation. Interesting comeback tho, I mean the way you brought in another aspect of the same situation.

Queenie, LOL on the reverse looking. I was talking about very young children, say four years old or so. Very sad when you think about it. Maybe I'm sensitive to the subject because I believe that's what my parents did to me.

Pat

• Swan
    Swan

Pat, you wrote:

A mother whose child wouldn't follow her soon enough at the grocery store. She said "Okay, goodbye!" My point is what is she thinking? Children are helpless individuals who feel insecure enough. How can any parent threaten a child with abandonment??!!?

Did you ever stop and think she might be a JW? Just kidding. Seriously, I agree. It is a form of verbal abuse to threaten children with abandonment. I have had abondonment issues all my life growing up a Dub. I just didn't recognize them until I got into therapy. As far as the store incident, I think this is a very cruel way of punishing a child with much shorter legs than the parent. Parents are supposed to be the patient ones. Their love is supposed to be unconditional. It's very sad.

Tammy

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Very understandable. "Men looking at womaen's chests", from a 30 year old male viewpoint......even if you are in your 50's and if you cover up everything, you may still have someone who "checks you out". Not defending or condoning but sometimes it just happens.

I've noticed guys who look at my girlfriend. They check out the face first, than I always notice the eyes dropping to a lower part of her body.

TT

Edited by - TTBoy on 19 September 2002 23:10:17

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here are some of mine.

Throw the trash out EVERY DAY when it's that time of month, and make sure there's a plactic liner in the can. And don't leave the wrappers laying around ANYWHERE!

Put your dam**d shoes away. I pick up five pairs of my wife's shoes EVERYDAY. And she only has two feet.

If I'm not yelling, or obviously fuming mad, and you ask me what's wrong, and I say "Nothing" then believe me! I'm probably thinking about how to check out your chest without you knowing.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Swan, thanks for the reply. I don't really think the parents who do this are necessarily trying to be cruel; maybe they're just not thinking.

TT, I think Jerry Seinfeld said it best on his show when he said,

Looking at a woman's chest is like looking at the sun. You can only look a second and then look away.

Yeru, LOL! What could I possibly say to your pet peeves?

Pat

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

I've gotten kind of a new pet peeve- What the hell is the deal with girls walking around with the top of their panties above the pants? Some guys say they like it; and girls say it's because of the low-cut pants so popular right now. But if that's the case, the pants are either getting too low, or the panties cut out all together! I remember in school the only people with their undies above their pants were the ones arriving on the "short schoolbus".

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Are pants cut too low - yea probobly. Are womans undies high hip styled, well most are except the "Fruit of the Loom", advertised in most underware adds. I personally like the thong type. I tend to vary between boxers and boxer-breifs. Variety is the spice of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit