Serious Pet Peeves

by patio34 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas
    I hate it when men look at breasts. They're such swine.

Now, hold on here. I hardly think that just looking at breasts makes a man "swine." Are we -- men -- to believe that women never check us out? Now, if you're specifically talking about doing it noticeably, like during conversation, then yes, that is tacky. But I'm sorry ... if a girl has attractive female protuberances, it's darn hard not to sneak a look somehow (clandestinely, of course). Oh, like y'all don't do it too! (Just not at breasts, I would think. Of course ...)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Eph,

I should have been clearer; there's a huge difference between a glance and several looks. I followed up my sentence with

Especially if the woman makes a defensive move like holding a file folder over her chest

That's what had happened to me. Protocol would say what Jerry Seinfeld said: It's like looking at the sun, you can only look a split second, then look away.

As far as checking out guys, it's not as personal, it seems to me. I think women notice guys' shoulders, backs, and okay, their butts. But not as intimate as what some guys do to females' chests, imo. And I was talking more about several longer looks, rather than a glance.

Pat

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Men that blow thier nose out the window rather then use a kleenex.

What!?

• COMF
    COMF
    One, that he deems it appropriate to oogle a woman and not treat her as an equal.

Since when does ogling mean he's not treating her as an equal? I see no connection.

Two, that he's insincere in his conversation.

How did you arrive at this ill-conceived conclusion? The sincerity of his conversation is neither indicated nor affected by where his eyes go.

Three, he's insensitive to a woman's feelings about this.

Demonstrably true, in your case.

Four, he's woefully unaware especially in a work situation.

Yes.

Five, that he may well have a sexual harassment charge

Nope. Not for just resting his eyes on your breasts. Ah, ladies, lovely ladies... bitching and moaning about being ogled, until the ogling stops... then we get this:

I'm looking for something in red
    Something that's shocking to turn someone's head
    Strapless and sequined and cut down to there
    Stockings and garters and lace underwear
    The guaranteed number to knock someone dead

I'm looking for something in green
    Something to outdo an ex-high school queen
    Jealousy comes in the color of jade
    Do you have some pumps and a purse in this shade
    And a perfume that whispers please come back to me
    I'm looking for something in green

I'm looking for something in white
    Something that shimmers in soft candlelight
    Everyone calls us the most perfect pair
    Should I wear a veil or a rose in my hair
    Well the train must be long and the waist must be tight
    I'm looking for something in white

I'm looking for something in blue
    Something real tiny, the baby's brand new
    He has his father's nose and his chin
    We once were hot lovers now we're more like friends
    Don't tell me that just what old married folk do
    I'm looking for something in blue

Like the one that I wore when I first turned his head
    Strapless and sequined and cut down to there
    Just a size larger than I wore last year
    The guaranteed number to knock the man dead
    I'm looking for something
    I've gotta have something

• 2cute2btrue
    2cute2btrue

my worst peeve is getting my sock/socks wet on a wet patch on the lino. does anyone share my peeve??

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi 2cute, welcome to the forum.

I cant stand having a wet patch on socks either

• els
    els

My daughter has quite a nice chest and does wear low cut shirts at times, but if a guy looks too long while they are having a conversation she puts a finger under his chin and lifts his head up. Works every time.
    TTBoy: What's up with you? I haven't seen you around here for a while. els

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

All you beautiful, respectable women out there...

Please take into consideration that it's not easy not to look at a woman's breast while talking to her. Number one, men are naturally attracted to the shape of a woman, moreso than women are attracted to the shape of a guy. We are drawn and act upon the beauty of the womanly form - that's just the way we're made - we can't help it!

It just so happens that breasts have the tendency to be stared at because they are constantly within the range of eyesight while talking to you. If the booty happened to be located where your breasts are, it would be the same thing - we'd be struggling not to stare at your booty while talking to you. It's not a matter of disrespect at ALL (not in all cases - some guys are definitely creeps and show no respect whatsoever).

Would you not find it difficult not to stare at the bulge in our pants if it were on the same viewing level as our eyes?

I do make a huge concious effort to look in a womans eyes while talking to her. It's not easy either, especially when you have a really attractive pair in front of you.

I know this is a sensitive subject amongst women who commonly get whistled at and treated like sex objects by inconsiderate men. Here's to all the gentlemen out there that want to let our women know we appreciate their beauty without making them feel like sex objects!!

*raises glass of wine in the air*

:-)

• animal
    animal

I always look at the breasteses, thats why they are there... but all it takes is a few sentences out of the mouth of an uptight woman to have me move on.....

I notice many women, when talking to them, sneaking a glance at my nut-area.... I enjoy that, and scratch them while they are looking. They usually figget around about then.....

My wife points out nice ones for me when we are out somewhere, asking me if they are nice ones. Aint life great?

Animal

Edited by - animal on 24 November 2002 13:23:51

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit