Ozzie's Weekend Poll #20

by ozziepost 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, here we are with the twentieth of our weekend polls!

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

This weekend's poll is a serious topic and invites us to exercise our Dub trained minds to solve a problem in helping us to reach to those who want to honestly look at their situation within the organisation.

So, here it is:

Why do Dubs fail to believe what was reported in the Dateline/Panorama programs?

1. Don't want to believe it.

2. Can't face the thought that Satan's world can 'land a hit' on "Jehovah's organisation".

3. The elders said it wasn't true.

4. Don't really care.

5. What program???

6. Heard about the program, but it was all about things too far away to be concerned about.

7. Thought it was all lies.

8. What's the problem?

9. Mistakes have been made, but "it's still Jehovah's organisation".

10. Other?

We look forward to reading your replies.

Cheers, Ozzie

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

7 and 9 at the top of my list.

Fear should be introduced somewhere as well. To accept the reality that the society is screwing up puts at risk their entire belief system and the security it brings.

Jst2law

PS, how you doing Ozzie?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

1 trought 9 all sound probable to me.

And to add a no 10. some prophesie is being fulfiled with it. Satan is attacking Jehovah's organization.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

1, 2 & 3 - and 7 due to 3 - and anyway there's always 9.

As always, the 'different rules for dubs' mindset does not readily allow the infiltrating thought that although it's ok for most of the people on earth to be burned, the idea of dubdom being simply wrong is just too distressing to contemplate seriously.

Better to lie to themselves than consider that their perceived plight of the rest of the world could ever apply to them - to many dubs, any extent of hypocrisy is better than that notion.

That's the problem with hearing the Word that way - more will be given - the judgement that they project is the judgement that they receive - but it's too shocking for their own minds to acceptingly receive it.

Better just lie about it and stay "sane".

paduan

• Englishman
    Englishman

11.Blocked it from conscious mind and refused to think anymore about it.

...still a time-bomb though..

Englishman

• Tzu
    Tzu

Numbers 1, 7 & 9 for a start!!

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, I agree, 1, 7 & 9 seem to be what I heard from my family and the congregation.

As the weeks move on and the show is blocked out in their minds as they continue in their dubbery, 4 is starting to kick in.

• Scully
    Scully

11. If this is happening, it's because Jehovah saw the need to cleanse the organisation. When it's all over, we'll come out smelling like a rose.

Love, Scully

• Amazing
    Amazing

G'day Ozzie: I vote for all the above. You very nicely captured all the Dub reasons.

• Lin
    Lin

They think they're being persecuted in fulfillment of prophecy. I remember my father telling me that he fully expected that jw's would be put into concentration-type places/jails as "Jehovah's means of protecting his people when Armageddon comes". I also feel that they're entire belief system is put at stake, and that would really difficult for everyone to deal with, especially those who'se entire lives were spent as jw's. The trauma that would bring might be too much for some to deal with, and may create a deluge of horrific mental and emotional problems for dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit