Ozzie's Weekend Poll #20

by ozziepost 26 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

The WT remakes it's own history - always have, and changes it at will. People also have this ability, but it's not a highly prized objective for most people.....as it's lying to oneself.

JW's practice the art of changing their own history - and can remake theirs in a little over a month's time, imho. They will remember what a "sinner" sinned - or what a sister was wearing to the assembly ("what WAS she thinking?) for the rest of their lives. But the errors the WT was caught red-handed? Zip.

We follow Jehovah who uses imperfect people - "His Earthly Organization." But it's still following Jehovah.

Who taught us? Those imperfect men taught us that we were following Jehovah - so we are.

What if they're wrong? They can't be - because Jehovah says so in the Bible.

Who taught us that? The Bible.

Who taught us that it was in the Bible? Those imperfect men.

And "those imperfect men" also taught Jehovah's Witnesses "not to think about negative things. Look forward to Paradise on Earth."

Lol......."Close your eyes and just wait."

waiting

• SYN
    SYN

Definitely #9, Ozzie.
  • Francois
    Francois

One through nine. Plus, your mind is like an umbrella; it has to be open to work. JWs "umbrellas" have been snapped tightly shut for as long as I've known 'em.

francois

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

9. Mistakes have been made, but "it's still Jehovah's organisation".

This one seems to fit.

If I had still been a JW when Dateline aired, I wouldn't have watched it. The whole cognitive dissonance thing would've been too much.I became quite adept at keeping my head buried in the sand during my borg years.

I would say that the vast majority of r&f JW's didn't see either programs, and are only vaguely aware that some satanic apostates are stirring up trouble by satanically lying to the satanic media about a supposed pedophile problem in Jah's spiritual paradise. They know this because the elders told them so.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

you forgot # 11 ( all of the above )

Edited by - imanaliento on 15 September 2002 11:7:32

• Xena
    Xena

#9 with some 1 & 3 thrown in for good measure!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

#9.

Some witnesses are so convinced that their god is working through the organization that even if they realize that something is wrong, they are able to dismiss it and resume their delusional thinking.

• Mulan
    Mulan

9 "they are imperfect, but it is still Jehovah's organization."

I am SICK of hearing those words.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Ozzie:

Great question!!!

In our area, JWs have said #3...they wouldn't watch it because the elders said it was all lies. Now, how the elders could "know" that is beyond me because they didn't watch it themselves.

Family members of mine said #7 "it was all apostate lies" and they didn't want to have anything to do with that which could harm them by causing false doubts. This I suspect too came from being influenced by #3..the elders said it was lies.

I've also heard some use #9. They have heard all the things being exposed lately, and they still are "waiting on Jehovah to fix things". How they can think that their God would allow all this dirt to be smearing "his name" and "his organization" for so long, infuriates me with its lack of logic. Is not their God one of wisdom and truth and justice?

Now, how to break through that kind of reasoning(?) is what I would like to learn. So many of us here would dearly love to find a way to reach our loved ones and help them to have a real life uncontrolled by rigid, useless timetables and rules.

Cheers....

Had Enough

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Why do Dubs fail to believe what was reported in the Dateline/Panorama programs?

3. The elders said it wasn't true.

7. Thought it was all lies.

9. Mistakes have been made, but "it's still Jehovah's organisation".

10. It is just a few isolated cases where the elders didn't follow policy

11. It's just a few disgruntled apostates

12. We have a policy.

13 It happened in our family but I can't think about it.

14. Jehovah will take care of it in his own time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit