The Blessings of Owning A Pet

by Sentinel 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Two bassets: one who's 11 years old (we've had him since he was 11 weeks old) and one who's just turned 9 weeks old (we've had her for three weeks now). What fun! The Old Guy, Dexter, started out scared of Ladybug, but he's gradually warming up to her and actually playing with her for more minutes each day. The kids adore her and are learning to avoid her needle-sharp teeth while playing. We are re-learning the fine art of housebreaking a basset hound - truly one of life's challenges! They're not the world's brightest dog and they are very, very stubborn. However, they are loving companions, good-humored, laid back, and great with kids. I highly recommend the breed!

Nina

• LB
    LB

I'm done with owning pets. I still have a working dog but I'm not close to it. The darn things keep dying and that's a huge downside to allowing yourself to love it.

• minimus
    minimus

I'll never forget that circuit assembly part that spoke terribly of Witnesses that had pets. Why, they had to care for them and feed and love them. What time was left for the ministry? An experience was given of how one family got rid of their pets and were now pioneering.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

The blessings of owning a pet are countless. I just remembered a funny story. One time, my dog Rufus chewed up my Bible and the woman I was studying with started giving me a speech about how I shouldn't leave my Bible laying where the dog could get it. I told her to calm down and that he was just trying to partake of Jehovah's spiritual food. LOL. Animals are just wonderful.

I want to post of picture of my little sidekick, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone help me with finding a free hosting site and how to post a picture?

• LB
    LB

Orbit try www.strike9.com They will allow you to put up anypics you like.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Thanks LB! I just signed up at Strike9, so I am going to give it a try. I hope this works!

RUFUS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sentinal, i'm considering it.

This thread gave me a few laughs. Rufus, w a taste for spiritual food. Bwaaa haa haa.

LB. Give it time. I know a woman who keeps stupid little short hair daschunds, one at a time, of course. One dies, she gets another one that looks almost exactly the same. She takes the darn thing everywhere.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 15 September 2002 23:52:20

• ugg
    ugg

pets are wonderful....have a spoiled cat,,,who lets us live with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is so cute,,,i just

love him.....

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I came back to check my thread and enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Thanks a bunch. It's obvious that we have lots of pet owners in our group.

Good News! Ginger and June are now on friendly terms. After three days, Ginger stopped the hissing, growling and territorial stances this morning. Gary had to throw a shoe at Ginger, and after that, it was like magic. They had that one good close encounter which seemed to settle everything--with the help of the shoe . This is a good thing!

I do rmember that the JW's used to say that owning a pet took time away from serving god. That a really balanced christian would always strive to put the "kingdom" first, which of course translated, means the borg.

Sentinel/Karen

• Mulan
    Mulan

I especially enjoy the "treat" my cat leaves me, when she is shut in the house overnight. She goes to the corner, under my computer desk, far away, from arm's reach. I have to get a hanger to get it out. My husband uses a shovel.

Just really special!! I love the smell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't you all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit