JW's came to my door 6 weeks ago. I told them I was inactive.......

by Alchemist 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    JW's came to my door 6 weeks ago. I told them I was inactive.......

You should have just told them to piss off..

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

Not sure if anyone else has touched on this but wanted to put it out there before heading to work...

With the policy changes that have come of late - requests for $$ and changing terms 'generation' and dates around annointed etc...There is a GROUND SWELL of very long serving, faithful JWs who have been on the fence for a while.

Have you considered that they haven't contacted you because they care about your wellbeing? How easy it would be to 'forget' you because they know the consequences (in terms of their standing before God) of bringing you back?

It makes me think of my father, an ex elder and 40 yr veteran who dropped the bomb on me just on Friday. Over the weekend I have read Ray Franz book Crisis of Conscience and a huge amount of forum related material. The comment that really hit me was that my father said he could "no longer pursue witnessing in clear conscience". So if that is how he feels, how many others right now are in that exact position?

The alternative possibility is that Jehovah directs his people and the fact that you have not heard from the JWs is because in some way this has been divinely orchestrated.

I endorse the comments of others. Read the credible websites that are neutral (plenty of ex JWs who are deeply spiritual but don't affiliate to any org). Then, reflect on your blessings. You have an amazing community of on line supporters at your finger tips, 24 hrs a day.

Keep investigating!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Welcome, Mary J!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Alchemist.

By saying that God is not rejecting you, I mean to clarify what I meant. Obviously, you still believe in some part that this is the truth. I would not attack your' thoughts or feelings for one second on this belief or feeling.

What I am saying though is this. That being rejected by a certain group of people, or feeling neglected by them. Is not a an accurate reflection of what Christ's ministry was about. You don't need to have an "organized" religion to support your' personal belief in God or Christ or what the bible really means.

And you don't need to please any ecclesiastic body in order to have some sort of redemption. These hierarchies are completely distorted and largely man made.

• Scully
    Scully

They really don't care about searching for the Lost Sheep™, do they?

They'd much rather spend their time going Door-to-Door™, calling on Not-At-Homes™, or being told that the Householder™ is Not Interested™.

Do you want to know why? It's because Field Service™ has become like ironing. It's a mindless chore that gets done because it has to get done. And they get coffee breaks.

Making a Return Visit™ to Encourage™ a Lost Sheep™ would require effort (like tailoring a suit). Someone would have to take responsibility for said Lost Sheep™, and make a fake attempt at Friendship™ in order to lure that person back.

It's too much work for the average JW.

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Welcome Alchemist.

Keep learning about the wonderful thing called Life. Life outside the Org is a wonderful thing once you shed yourself of the fear and guilt they want to keep you under.

Outside of the few political/social/enviro issues going on in the world today (which are serious), now is the best time to be alive. People do have more material things but what they do with them and how they view them is the important thing. There are many millions of people who view them in a balanced manner and use their material wealth to help others. The Org likes to demonize everything material that is not given to them.

You have many friends here who will not judge you.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    LisaRose: " but from what I have read there is a great deal of apathy on the part of JWs these days. People do the bare minimum of door to door work and no one has time or the will to devote to others in the congregation ..."

Smile!

A generation (in human terms) is often counted as 25 years. But even if we counted it as 40 years, we see that there have been three generations, since old Charlie Russell started pounding the ears of humankind with a message of urgency.

Proverbs 13:12 noting how humans react to that says:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. (NIV)

So for three generations, at least, the hopes of those preaching, have been deferred. There has been no fulfillment of the promises of the Bible as preached by Charlie Russell, Joey Rutherford, Nathan Knorr/Freddy Franz or the current lot of Bible gabblers. No wonder they are apathetic.

It was just the same in the early church. They believed that the end was close, as the author of Luke wrote:

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." (Luke21:32 NIV).

So after the first generation of Christians had died off, gradually the same sort of apathy set in and problems started to arise within the church. Today, I think we can predict, many will also turn to other interests.

Another XJW that I was speaking to recently, told me of his two adult children (who are still in), and with teenage kids of their own. In one family the two children train at athletics every morning. Another is involved in ballet with many classes. The "truth" is no longer their only interest. Most interesting is the fact that in the case of those two third generation families, the elders in their congregation say nothing about those extra-curricular interests.

Clearly, their paradise is right here, in the here and now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit