JW's came to my door 6 weeks ago. I told them I was inactive.......

by Alchemist 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

JW's claim to be identified by their love. So Alchemist, tell me, where is it? Anyone? They talk the talk but fail to walk the walk. Their love is expressed in numbers like hours, placements, time spent wandering from one side of the territory to the other to kill time, knocking on doors where they know people aren't home while avoiding places where people are. But when it really comes down to connecting with someone, to searching for lost sheep, where are they? This was a big part of my awakening. Decades devoted to an organization and I had zero friends. I know everybody, and lots of people know me, but there's absolutely no connection and never has been. Sure, everyone loved me when I did everything in the congregation and I was looked up to back then, but step down and watch all of the "love" and adoration disappear. People start talking about you and the rumor mill fires up.

In the immortal words of the Black Eyed Peas (rap/pop group for those unfamiliar), "where is the love"? I heard about it from the platform. I talked about it like it existed because I was told is was all around. But when I needed it, it was nowhere to be found. I've disappeared for a year and a half without so much as a peep before. When I reached out to fix some problems in my life nobody walked with me, in fact I was told that it couldn't be done. I've literally asked for shepherding calls in the past and was told no. No explanation. People would rather talk about me than to me. It has always been that way. What a petty and narcissistic bunch of people.

So, right now you're being shown who these people are. Will you believe them? Or will you hope for something different like I did over and over again and be fooled not once, not twice, but several times? I wish I would have believed them when they told me a long time ago. Lots of wasted time and hurt feelings. You know how many of the "Return To Jehovah" brochures I've received? Zero. None from family. None from the congregation I attended. Z-e-r-o. They don't care and never have except to the extent that it counted on a time sheet and was easy. When the chips are down, you find out who your real friends are, and I've never had even one.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Alchemist

I don't want to go to deep into it but I don't like the direction the world is going. People are just more immoral and hateful these days. It's like choosing the lesser of two evils. Things have gotten so bad that I feel JWs are more sane than the average worldly person now.

You need to challenge your world view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_qLJA3clM

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    You've become inactive, so you are marked my friend. You can go back, and I'm sure the initial love bombing will be nice. But at the end of the day, they will continue to view you as "spiritually weak" and "mentally unstable." They will guard themselves around you and worry obsessively about "stumbling you" which will prevent you from making friends who will value you for who you are and not for what they want you to be. The world sucks sometimes, but it's not like they are doing anything to make it any better. I hardly find the global campaign to spread guilt and fear as conducive to building a better society for our children. Give it a try if you want. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • SG098
    SG098

Hello Alchemist,

You mentioned that you, "...don't like the direction the world is going."
    Did you know that we're living in the best times ever in human history? Being that you were once involved with the JWs means our world view was skewed. My world view was definitely skewed when I was a JW. The JWs teach that the world is getting worse and frankly that's not true.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, "If bleeds, it leads." This is a common saying in the news industry. Shocking news gets views. Here's an article about how the world is getting better:
    http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-16/why-today-best-time-live-human-history

Also, you mentioned people in the world are "immoral and hateful."
    - First, people can be considered immoral in all aspects of society. Knowing that the governing body has taken means to cover over child molesters in the organization, would make anyone with a sensible moral compass know that this is morally wrong.
    - Second, I recommend you look at types of morility and what morality truly means. Checkout this good video on morality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAQFYgyEACI

- Finally, René Descartes a 1600's French philosipher once said,
    "If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

I employer you to do research into what the JWs really say and think about people who are not JWs, and whether having the idea that people deserve to be destroyed at armeggedon is a correct moral view point.
    www.jwfacts.com

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The JWs are just a nice warm hug that can ruin your life.

The rat being squeezed by a python has no dilusions that it is being hugged.

The Watchtower Society is the python.

Don't be the rat. Once squeezed, it is hard to get away.

Take it from me, a former elder, WT squeezed me until age 42.

Snakes (

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Perhaps you may be as many of us were when we first got hooked, vunerable, dissapointed, no friends..e.t.c. Seems grass is greener there but you'll be meeting a lot of us on our way out, disappointed, drained worse than before we got involved with jdubs. You don't need everything to be fine in the world, just your world and what you make of it and where you focus. There are ups and downs wherever.

Make some new friends who are not judgemental and demanding. (as all youll find it in the organization are paper thin "friends" who when troubles hit you'll be on your own, especially since you've been inactive before).

Locally the circuit overseer discovered a three year old letter in the files written by a disappointed jdub who left and no elder has gone to check on her...and now even some months after the c.o asked them to. No exclamation mark.

They never came looking for you out of friendship or care before, even those who knew you. They may do so as now the organisation is directing them to.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Alchemist, it takes great courage to voice your inner feelings on this site. I respect your wishes to want to comeback to a Kingdom Hall. Why don't you just look-up where the closest KH is in your location and go to a meeting? Perhaps just start with attending the Public Talk on Sunday, and maybe stay for the WT study if you are able? If you start it yourself, they will work a lot faster at giving you some support.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Alchemist - "...I don't like the direction the world is going. People are just more immoral and hateful these days."

Sure about that?

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1084_18-undeniable-facts-that-prove-world-getting-better/

www.cracked.com/article_20731_5-amazing-pieces-good-news-nobody-reporting.html

www.cracked.com/blog/4-reasons-world-has-never-been-better/

www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-news-looks-worse-than-it-really-is/

Alchemist - "...I feel JWs are more sane than the average worldly person now."

Clearly, you haven't watched JWTV.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Things have gotten so bad that I feel JWs are more sane than the average worldly person now. I guess I feel like I fit in more with JWs than I do with the world. Right now I feel isolated.

The WTS puts out only information that supports its own doctrines, thats why you'll never hear a JWS say well things have gotten better for mankind. The WTS propagates negativity because thats how it allures people's attention to its literature, the resolve to mankind's problems and troubles of course is Jehovah and his incoming genocide and destruction for all mankind.

JWS come to people's doors with the brainwashing the WTS. instills into people, which in truthful reality are false misleading doctrines structured around the proliferation of the organization's own publications.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi Alchemist,

Please don't return. Don't think there is nothing out there, so many churches have great teaching where you will feel good about your connection to God and not feel guilty all of the time. Enjoy re-learning the Bible without being told was to believe.

This fear we have been brainwashed with is not real. This religion has changed for the worse in the last 8 years. You will waste more of your life if you do it.

Happy to communicate more by PM if you need some support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit