creating romance

by SPAZnik 57 Replies latest social relationships

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Howdy y'all - first time poster, long time lurker. Some great romantickle ideas here. Hope I get to use some someday (again). Used to do the obligatory holiday/special day card/flowers/gifts thing for my last g/f but also unexpectedly and take her out as often as a baby sitter could be arranged. Also did the "little" things to help her out and help with her kids too. Then she did the most romantic thing for me. I tried to get hold of her to take her out (unexpectedly of course) and later found out she was out with another guy making a beer run and then didn't want to see me that night. We broke up the next day. So for me, nothing says romance like B double E double R U N .... BEER RUN!

take humor where you can find it right?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Noone has ever done anything romantic for me. I must not be worth it I guess.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

When I was married and my daughter was 7 months old- it was Valentine's Day. I came home from work and went up to our bedroom to change clothes. I was looking for my bathrobe and couldn't find it anywhere. I called down to my husband about it and he said it was downstairs, come down and get it. A bit annoyed, I still needed my bathrobe so I went downstairs to get it.

He told me it was in the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door and the entire room was filled with burning candles. There was a vase with a dozen roses sitting on the counter and a bubble bath waiting for me. Next to the tub was a stool with a glass of wine, my newspaper and a box of chocolates on it.

And the bathrobe? It wasn't in the bathroom after all. It was in the dryer so that when I decided to get out of my paradise it would be warm.

While I turned into a prune in the bathtub he made dinner and fed the baby.

Shoulda kept him eh? That's a different story

XW

• SimplyPato
    SimplyPato

Anybody can express his/her romance in anyways by rose or by popoooooo

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

My significant other is considerably older than me (my next birthday will make me exactly half his age.) We have been together over eight years. Romance does not occur to this man. I have done many romantic things for him, but it's all just wasted on him. He is oblivious and unappreciative. I gave up a long time ago. I have come to accept that romance with this man is not to be.

I went on vacation this summer for 16 days--my mom, daughter and I drove across the USA. When I came home, he had cool sealed my roof, installed a chandelier, installed shelving, made cement bumps in my driveway to divert the rain water flooding under my house, planted a sago palm and fixed my lawn mower. But the most wonderful thing of all--he found a bucket of chalk on the front porch belonging to my daughter and wrote in big letters "Welcome Home" with pictures of palm trees at my doorstep. I was so touched. I took a picture of it. The man is a physicist, does not have a creative bone in his body, but made the effort to make me chalk drawings. Lovely!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

awww, thatz quite sweet gwyneth!

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Most Romantic>>>>>>>>

The first christmas dance we went to, unconcerned about being seen in paper hats or kissing passionately in public. Walking home after midnight, climbing into the park, making love under the stars. HMMMMMM................

• Mac
    Mac

When Kimberly and I were going steady, she sent me a letter every single day with a sealed wax kiss on it and a "Love Is..." cartoon inside. She did this rain or shine, days I saw her and days I did not, for years on end! I think that is kind of sweet.

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit