creating romance

by SPAZnik 57 Replies latest social relationships

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Dutchie..........YES!! and thank you, we are so happy!

bc of the onacruse class

• onacruse
    onacruse

Craig (of the stunned and speechless class)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Craig & BC, I can't tell you how happy I am for you both. All too often, internet relationships go sour but you guys seem to be able to make one work. My best and fondest wishes for you both.

If you both end up in Portland, let me know. You are invited over for a Baked Ziti Dinner. Of course, you'll have to share it with my daughters family

Lew W

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Actually my screen name does come from Gone With the Wind. She is a woman that knew what she wanted and went after it. I don't see her as a real romantic but a powerful devilish woman.

Thats funny you laughed when the suitor told you I love you. When RT asked me to marry him I was like sure why not. I kind of feel bad now that I wasn't more excited. But I guess that is just me.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Actually, one of the most romantic things was when he said "smile for me". We were separated by a thousand of miles and than some, but in that one moment the world revolved around the two of us, while we smiled.

Edited by - Vivamus on 16 September 2002 4:26:35

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dutchie,

Awww shucks

I'm 30 and all growed up.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 15 September 2002 21:40:5

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

well this isn't exactly personal experience, but.......one of the sweetest things i remember my dad doing for a wedding anniversary was getting a special pendant for my mom. it wasn't an ordinary pendant though. when they were first married, he couldn't afford a diamond ring, so after a couple years (i guess, i wasn't born yet) he was able to buy her a real diamond wedding ring. now i think, they must've been married somewhere around 15 or 20 years, she wanted something a little bigger and a different cut. instead of buying a whole new ring, they traded in her old stone and had a new one mounted in the old setting. without her knowing, he bought back the old diamond and had it mounted in a heart shaped pendant with some rubies--her favorite gemstone. she had no idea. he had it wrapped and hid it in the freezer, so she would find it when she was making dinner. i still remember how shocked and surprised she was, and the joy he took in knowing that. i also remember him writing alot of poetry.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

one fellow i was seeing asked me what my favorite flower was.

predictable right?

well, he waited quite a while so i'd forget, then one day when i was least expecting it,
    (and i do mean LEAST expecting it, i wuz still a dub, and it was
    valentine's day lol) he presented me with this HUGE bouquet of
    nothing but my favorite flower (at the time) in more colours than
    i even knew it came in. that was a beautiful romantic thing.
    (of course i wuz a little confused at the time why he would do
    such a thing on valentine's day, we were both dubs and on top of that,
    flowers cost more on valentine's day, so i didn't see the logic. lol)

but it was the most beautiful bouquet i'd laid eyes on.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

another fellow, a friend, gave me a gorgeous bouquet
    but the poem with it was what struck me as romantic
    an unexpected display of his hearts thoughts:

"fortunate flowers
    in your apartment
    hour after contended hour
    cared for by your achingly beautiful hands.
    FOCUS!!!!!"
    the focus part was an inside joke.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

One fellow invited me to the movies by giving me a single long stem rose,
    and the little card it comes with had a question mark and then on the back
    he had tape a newspaper clipping of the movie. very cute and creative.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit