Do You Like Where You Live?

by MegaDude 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I'm writing this in Dallas, Texas. As I write this, we're having ANOTHER day of a grade red ozone alert. In simple terms, our air quality is terrible. I feel like I've had a cold all week long. My throat feels lightly sore. It's not a bug. It's the filthy air here. I've about had it with Dallas. My family lives here, and I'm close to my sisters. There are some of the best ex-JWs you'd ever hope to meet that live here. My job has never been better. But the summers make me miserable. I'm considering moving to a different part of the United States that doesn't have the smog problem that Dallas has.

So my question is, do you like where you live? And why? Maybe I'll move to where you're at.

Or at least wait until LB moves to Maui and see if I can be a permanent house guest.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I love the area I live at in Oregon, I have trees and beauty everywhere. Of course, I would always love a nicer home ... but I spend so little time there, it does not matter. I love living in Oregon!!

Dragon

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I live in Central California(coast) I love it here...but need a change of scenery.I would like to live in Oregon.. the rain and trees sound great to me

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I know what you mean Mega... I have a very slight case of asthma and the pollution here in the DFW area makes me cough a lot. However, I just cannot fathom the thought of leaving. I like the area and the people. Esp the xjw's! You guys are like my new family since leaving the bOrg.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I certainly do? Panoramic sea views, four bedrooms plus annexe, BIG lanscaped garden, safe anti-terrorist area, beautiful countryside...whel you did ask...!!!

SpannerintheWorks.

• wasasister
    wasasister

The Pacific Northwest is, in my opinion, one of the best places on earth. We enjoy a combination of great natural beauty: snow-capped mountains, salt and fresh water recreation, rain forests, beaches, clean air and water - with cultural and economic advantages: good jobs (although not as good as in recent years), top rated symphony and art museum, fine restaurants, cultural diversity, great shopping, professional sports teams (a few of whom even win games from time to time), entertainment for all tastes.

I can't remember the last time we had a pollution alert, although we do suffer from very bad traffic and not enough mass transit.

I've traveled more in the past few years than I have in my entire life, and although I've seen many wonderful places, I'd still choose to live here.

Wasa

• DJ
    DJ

Mega,

Sorry to hear about your health. I live in a place that I have no desire to leave.I'm in PA about 30 minutes from Philadelphia. It is smog free, lots of trees and beautiful scenary. I am close to all major convencies, yet tucked away on my own acreage. Maybe you ought to consider just moving outside of Dallas.....1/2 hour or so away. I've never been to Texas, too hot for me. I prefer the season changes. It makes life more interesting for me. If you like the general climate in Texas as well as the fact that all of your friends and family are there, I would think it would be logical to just get out of the city and into to burbs!

Happy House Hunting.........get some fresh air! dj

• JeffT
    JeffT

I second everything Wassister said. I live outside Seattle and work in the City. This area is absolutely wonderful. I'll put up with the traffic and bad sports teams for all the other things I like about it here.

• Matty
    Matty

No

• freedom96
    freedom96

Orange county, San Diego county, love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit