Where were you?

by joannadandy 45 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Sorry if this has been done to death, I only did a quick scan and didn't see a topic like this, so I appologize in advance if this was started someplace else.

This morning I woke up and thought about where I was last year, and the complete shock I felt at this same time last year...and I was just wondering if any of you had those same feelings this morning.

So where were you? I always find stories of what people were doing at the time they heard to be really interesting-please share if you'd like.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I was in a job interview for a job I didn't get. Came home and watched a little news and had to go to work.

edited to add:

*waiting for my pics, RUBY*

Edited by - truthseeker1 on 11 September 2002 10:58:31

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I was at home getting ready for work.I turned on the TV and saw the first tower smoking.A few minutes later I saw the second tower get hit by the plane.I could'nt believe what I saw...it was so sureal to see the second tower get hit right before my eyes.I will never forget the fear in the news reporters voice.

Where were you Joanna??

Still haven't recieved yours Truth.

Edited by - RubyTuesday on 11 September 2002 11:0:21

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I was sleeping in late and woke up to horror on the TV. I spent the next few days glued to the TV.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

As a matter of fact, I am watching the whole thing all over again on the Discovery channel. I believe the whole day is dedicated to that tragic day.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I had just gotten up, came downstairs to find my girls watching tv. I thought it was a movie and they told me it was the news - and to watch. The first tower had already been hit. I watched in horror as the second tower, the pentagon, flight 93.

Then news of all the diverted flights came and requests for homes and blood. We offered our home and made appointments to donate.

Then weeks of hoping for survivors that never came. I finally curled up in a ball and sobbed for hours.

Today, all my candles are lit with words for each group. As I turned on the tv, the names were being read at ground zero. It came back. I know I'm going to break again. Every name - a family - and friends. Such incredible loss.

I thought I would go out and do things today, but I'm with Lilacs. I will, with all the countries, join over the tv with my memories and grief. I wish I weren't alone. My girls are working. I will call mom and tell her I love her. And I will call my girls, and tell them how much I love them.

I will never forget. Love to all of you.

Mimilly

Mimilly

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

In memory of all those we lost

In memory of all those left behind to mourn

In memory of all the effort and good accomplished

In memory of the soldiers who went overseas

In memory of the families they left behind

In memory of the soldiers brought back to be buried

In memory of those wounded and maimed

In memory of those emotionally scarred

In memory of the old reality

In memory of that day.... one year ago... today.

Be safe. Remember that when people help people, the power of good grows.

Lest We Forget........

Mimilly

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

oops. double post. sorry.

Edited by - Mimilly on 11 September 2002 11:27:31

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was at home recovering from surgery. Laid in bed and watched the whole thing.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I was in my Economics class...we didn't know what was going on, only that something was happening. Our professor decided that class should be held, so I didn't find out exactly what had happened until I left class. I was walking across the campus, with my cell phone stuck to my ear, while my sister filled me in. It's so weird...I can remember EXACTLY that trek across campus to my car, listening with horror and disbelief. So many things changed that day...

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit