DID YOU EVER LEARN anything because you were a JW?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was there ever ANYTHING positive from being a Witness? Could you say that because you were a Witness at least......OR was it ALL negative?

• breeze
    breeze

I Felt....

Love...many good people, however narrow minded, they were great friends...most of my friends on Earth are still associated in some way....

Friendship....great people I felt close to...

Trust....I trusted all of them, they were taught to be trustworthy...it was pounded into them...

JW's Taught me......Sales and presentation techniques.......public speaking.....

Probably can come up with more...of course the negative came along after many years of being involved......

BREEZE

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I think I learned a bit about selling. But I seem to need paper in my hand or I am lost.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I wuz thinking this myself the otha day.

I'd have to say yeah, sure, i learned schtuff.

Both good and bad.

• Francois
    Francois

I learned public speaking.

I also learned to never, Never, NEVER, EVER follow a man, men, an organization of men or anything else but the direction and leading of the softly speaking indwelling Spirit of God which lives in my mind and in yours.

francois

• seawolf
    seawolf

I learned how to be pretty self-righteous. I got really good at it, too.

• minimus
    minimus

SEAWOLF, STOP BRAGGING

• LB
    LB

I learned you can befriend people that tell you they'll always be there for you no matter what. Then have them taken away.

• Nikita
    Nikita

I would have to say that I think I learned to be more tolerant of those around me who may not ascribe to my own viewpoint on things and NOT be so judgemental.

Nikita

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Your question reminds me of a friend who asked if there was anything i learned because of growing up (part of my childhood) in war torn country. YES!!!! Positive and negative. Bust still, I don't wish people to live in a war torn country. So your question is all too inclusive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit