Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@listener

As I recall from the transcripts, several members of the Fremont cong. made testimonies and/or depositions. A few elders and some publishers. None of them would have to reach into their pockets and pay a dime, regardless of whether they lost or not.

• Listener
    Listener
    Wow Nitty Gritty, so on your logic we can assure ourselves that JWs are always telling the truth if it's not going to hurt them financially on a personal level. It also means that the individual JW doesn't care less about losing money for their organization.
  • berrygerry
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@listener

Wow Nitty Gritty, so on your logic we can assure ourselves that JWs are always telling the truth if it's not going to hurt them financially on a personal level. It also means that the individual JW doesn't care less about losing money for their organization.

Well you (or someone) was alluding to the elders and publishers lying. And I admitted that yes, it is possible that they would lie, however in this case, why would they? And yes, why would they lie to save the org money? After all Jehovah looks after the org. So wouldn't affect them, however lying would.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nitty, you have to be one closed mined apathetic idiot to not see that the WTS policies regarding situations of pedophilia have been dangerously inadequate. If they were safe and adequate, why did the WTS change and strengthen their approach regarding pedophilia in the 2012 letter ?, which in many people's opinion is still inadequate.

I suggest pulling your head out your ass and see some reality for a change.

By the way Jah isn't with the WTS for its a lying commercialized false prophet and wouldn't be near it, this organization will be destroyed by him and that may include you as well.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nitty said: "Jehovah looks after the org."

Let me guess, the result of this court proves that?

Was that your point all along?

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@sparrowdown

Nitty said: "Jehovah looks after the org."

Don't tell me, the result of this court proves that?

Was that your point all along?

No not really. I was making the point that that is why people wouldn't lie in the Candace case. Just to "protect" the org.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No not really. I was making the point that that is why people wouldn't lie in the Candace case. Just to "protect" the org.....Nitty-Gritty

YOUR LYING YOUR ASS OFF..

There`s Not a JW Who Won`t Do The Same..

It`s WBT$ Approved Lying..

"Theocratic Warfare"

So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good. Today God’s servants are engaged in a warfare, a spiritual, theocratic warfare, a warfare ordered by God against wicked spirit forces and against false teachings… At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.
    -– Watchtower 5/1/1957 p. 285-286
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They filed the appeal to support their protestations that they are faultless.

They settled because every time they go to trial it is bad publicity. Newspaper, magazines and entire news segments have exposed the organization's role and lack of moral and ethical leadership and responsibility. The case itself notwithstanding, the publicity is harder and harder for even loyal JWs to ignore/dismiss without question.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Corporations settle when they want to diminish the amount of bad publicity. WTBTS is like any other big corporation.

The payment is an admission that wrongdoing occurred. (Just like the RCC)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit