Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

So Watchtower is the ultimate authority on who is considered and a "known abuser"?

Nope. Not their call.

That judgement should be reserved for law enforcement and prosecution.

When Watchtower stonewalls and uses legal loopholes to avoid reporting to the police they will remain culpable and in malfeasance and will continue paying out millions in attorney's fees.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Again nitty you are delusional.

While parents are not prohibited by elders in going to the police, if the elders find the alleged abuser is not guilty from lack of a second witness, than the parents or reporters are manipulated through control tactics by the threat of disfellowshipping for slander.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

However, if there is a known predator in the congregation the parents of all minor children are discreetly informed of who he/she is.

I dont read that in any letter to the body of Elders

There is established directions stated in the 2012 letter in how elders are to approach and handle people who have had been recognized as having past behavior problems with pedophilia.

Where is the information that all parents of children within congregations are duly notified of one of their congregates of having past involvement with pedophilia ? ??????

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    @Finkelstein Page 4 end of paragraph 13
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Nitty-Gritty, thanks for the info on the link. Did you catch par. 4? "Most states have child-abuse reporting laws that, depending on the facts, mandate elders to report an accusation to the authorities..." And, par 5 - "The Legal Department will provide you with legal advice based on the facts of applicable law...", followed by paragraph after paragraph on internal procedures.

This highlights a fundamental problem. This means that the JWs responsibility to report is not consistent across the organization. So, all a JW pedophile has to do is look up and move to the states/territories, etc. where the law is most favorable to them or for that matter fade. I don't think JWs are getting it. Or maybe they get "it" but just don't give a damn.

I'll make it clearer, child rape is a crime and is NOT dependent on where it occurred and it is NOT an internal matter. If you are a JW and you don't get this then you have no humanity left and nothing can be done for you.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@Girlnextdoor

So Watchtower is the ultimate authority on who is considered and a "known abuser"?

Nope. Not their call.

That judgement should be reserved for law enforcement and prosecution.

How do you know that WT do not base their judgement on what law enforcement has said about the perpetrator and on history of prosecution? What else do you think they can base their judgment on??? Logically??

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

Obeying local and national laws vs the law of humanity is what your saying the elders and followers of the Watchtower need to obey! Bravo, we got ourselves a potential defense lawyer for the Eichmann s and Milosevic s of humanity! Does the Watchtower want justice for it's victims or avoid any entanglement by letting the World know this religion is not free from freak shows? We were told our entire existence in the Organization to never let the World know what's going on inside (I refer to "going to court", "telling worldly people we have wicked members who steal from you, your neighbors or the Government by not paying taxes. Victims of Sexual Abuse were frequently told in the 1980s-1990s to "Wait on Jehovah" only to go insane or kill themselves! )... How many Ex-JW Elders and females know of situations where you were told to "throw your pride out the door and Wait on Jehovah" until you could no longer take their evil ways of hiding all that's bad inside the Kingdom Halls so people think "Jehovah's Witnesses are great, their different and don't suffer the problems our churches do!".......

"I cannot recognize the verdict of guilty. . . . It was my misfortune to become entangled in these atrocities. But these misdeeds did not happen according to my wishes. It was not my wish to slay people. . . . Once again I would stress that I am guilty of having been obedient, having subordinated myself to my official duties and the obligations of war service and my oath of allegiance and my oath of office, and in addition, once the war started, there was also martial law. . . . I did not persecute Jews with avidity and passion. That is what the government did. . . . At that time obedience was demanded, just as in the future it will also be demanded of the subordinate.".

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nuremberg_defense

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@stronghaiku 'll make it clearer, child rape is a crime and is NOT dependent on where it occurred and it is NOT an internal matter.

I am with you 100%. That is why, and I am repeating myself, parents will go to the authorities (police) to report that crime. Elders will advise parents to go to the police if they themselves are not mandated to report.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You can see though where the Congregation of where JK was leaving failed in warning the new congregation that JK was a possible risk for him to be left alone with children.

As its been said by others, obviously the WTS doesn't know of whether or not a person is deemed a predator or not. They dont have the expertise, but people who have the expertise, they disregard as unimportant or insignificant, Those worldly run Satan organizations.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

However, even such a vile person can change and publicly announcing him in this way would make anyone accepting a change in him very difficult. Basically this person would become an outcast with no hope. This is not Christian. Plus, if he did change, and moved to another congregation, would it be expected to announce him as a former pedophile? Would that be reasonable and a Christian thing to do?

Nitty Gritty or what ever you are.

You have mirrored a great party line in the above statement. I heard that one two weeks ago from my thoroughly indoctrinated, loyal to the bone, ignorant, self serving sister.!!!!!

The sin and crime are that an adult abused a child. It takes time to work out a means to do this and get away with it for as long as possible. This is what abusers do very well as they improve their methods of defiling a child.

I tell you, from experience. The so called "change in him" would never be for real. It would be and has been shown to be a surface change and an equally shallow form of repentance. This talk of not creating ..."out cast with no hope.." and the need for Christian love is too weak an argument to bear considering.

The society has no problems with tossing anyone who has a doctrinal difference to the society than it does to a paedophile....a repeat paedophile at that.

One has only to look into the old rantings of Rutherford or the mad rants by Morris 111 about dress code to know that they are never backward in publicly denouncing something if it suits the WTs current position. No. Not at all concerned with developing an image of "modesty" in a most public manner. Anyone reading these discourses or watching the videos will get the impression that the society is very much against fleshy sins.

It is very un- Christian to "not warn" families in a most public manner about the dangers of such a person in their midst. So many crimes have been committed throughout history in the name of religion. And so many have been covered over in the name of protecting their social status.

Look at how much extra time the society gave to this man to carry on with his sick perversions. How many more years he gained to commit crimes. And all due to the fact that he was NOT PUBLICLY NAMED AND SHAMED BY THE WTBTS.

Candace has probably had enough by now. She must feel exhausted from all the stress and the appearances and the threat to her "truth", which turns out to be very much the truth of what happened to her and those who were also his victims.

Please don't go try to sell this Christian love bullshit. I can't go on at the moment, I'm so sick of this angle of convenience that the JW religion has used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit