Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

VI- yeah, they come here so they can keep witnessing.

God, save us from your people.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I don't see the point to attacking Nitty Gritty. He has kept the discussion civil and has a right to his opinion.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    LisaRose:
    "I don't see the point to attacking Nitty Gritty. He has kept the discussion civil and has a right to his opinion."
    Lisa, my original statement was a simple (and civil) question to Nitty-Gritty about his faith in view of the fact that s/he asked a poster if he was an atheist.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    How is asking if he is a witness "attacking" him.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It's not, but I don't believe in calling troll just because you strongly disagree with a poster.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    So the question really is "so nitty-gritty are you a troll?"
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@razor

I do get what you were trying to state on your post. What you demonstrated was scientific discovery. It is not related to CD.

You are wrong there, it is actually referring to CD, hence the "unpleasant feeling" factor. You can substitute the belief in a scientific therory with any kind of belief, it doesn't have to be anything to do with science. When you make a decision in order to counteract the dissonance you might feel better, but it won't change the fact that your decision was either right or wrong.

I do not think you got what I was trying to say a all.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    Calling someone a troll makes you a troll.
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@LisaRose,

Thanks for your explanation.

My point is, just because someone molests a younger person once (as in the instance you mention) does not automatically mean they become a pedophile or predator. It seems this was the premise the elders were going along with. I am not condoning what happened to your friends child, and it's easy for me to say because it did not involve my children. Heck, if anything like that had happened to my son I would have wanted to scream it from the rooftops, there is no worse wrath than the wrath of a mother. Actually I would have reported it straight to the police...but that's just me. I probably would have warned the sister he was marrying as well.

Presumably if they are still married and all is well with his step children (as I am sure if it wasn't you would have heard about it) it looks like it was an isolated incidence, and if it was, it would go to prove he was not a pedophile and that if your friend would have told everyone that he was it would have constituted gossip.

The problem of pedophilia is very complex, nothing about it is cut and dry as some like to make out...

• azor
    azor

Apparently I did not understand your point. How does something being right or wrong related to scientific discovery have anything to do with CD? What are you trying to get at?

Or can someone else explain. She lost me with this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit