Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@ LisaRose On the contrary, I just know the state of denial that many JWs live in. My best friend when I was a JW was one of the smartest people I know. Her son was molested by a young brother that she employed to babysit. He confessed and was privately reproved. A year later he got married to a sister with two young children. My friend was concerned that she was not aware that she was marrying a pedophile, so she informed the woman. My friend was told she should not have done that, and if she told anyone else she would be subject to a JC.

I knew of this and was bothered, I knew there was a very great chance those children would be molested, but I thought it was an isolated incident, those elders were just mistaken, Jehovah would fix it in time, etc. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, yet I did not see what would be obvious to any one not in a cult, that this was how they did things, and was not an isolated event, but business as usual.

1. First of would you mind telling me how the elders found out about the fact that your friend told this sister.

2. And was it an isolated incidence, I mean did he go on to molest anyone else?

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@azor

Doubt creates cognitive dissonance because if you re totally happy with what you believe there is no dissonance.

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say with that diagram.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    P.S @ I have read articles on jwfacts. Are you an atheist by any chance?
  • azor
    azor
    I do get what you were trying to state on your post. What you demonstrated was scientific discovery. It is not related to CD. So I take it that you do not have doubts about your beliefs. Is that correct?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nitty-Gritty: "Are you an atheist by any chance?"

Since you ask others what faith they have do you mind telling us what faith you hold? Are you a Witness in good standing?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    VI -With such a kind loving attitude nitty-witty couldn't be anything but "witness in good standing."
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2. And was it an isolated incidence, I mean did he go on to molest anyone else?.....Nitty-Gritty

...........................................Image result for Apologist

..........Image result for jehovahs witness logo...Image result for I`m not sick and twisted person..sick makes it sound like theres a cure

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    1. First of would you mind telling me how the elders found out about the fact that your friend told this sister.

The woman told her fiance, he complained to the elders.

2. And was it an isolated incidence, I mean did he go on to molest anyone else?

We both moved away shortly after, so unknown. The woman still married the guy, I wouldn't bet money they were not molested, the statistics on that are not good. At least she had the opportunity to make an informed decision, obviously if my friend had said nothing she would not have been told.

• azor
    azor
    @ nitty - I will answer your question when you answer mine. Why are you on this forum? If you still are a JW are you not breaking your leaders rules? Does your husband know your are on this site? Which articles on jwfacts have you considered? Are you free of doubt about JW teachings?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    sparrowdown:
    "VI -With such a kind loving attitude nitty witty couldn't be anything but "witness in good standing.""

I kind of figure that but I wonder how many of the pro-Witness trolls who have visited this site might not be disfellowshipped true believers who are trying to make amends with "Jehovah".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit