Just Someone To Talk To

by Larryf01 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Larryf01
    Larryf01

I've had a hard time finding a place just to chat with JW's. Most JW forums I've found are for baptized Witnesses only. I'm not baptized...only studying. Yet, I know this is truth and Jehovah is the true God. Still, I want to respect the rules of the other forums and do not attempt to post to them. I recognize the need to stay seperate from the world and the need to protect baptized Witnesses from wrong influences. Hence, the rules about JW's only posting to the other sites. Still, I do like to discuss spiritual things and have no one around to do that with. Hopefully, it is OK here. You will find me respectful at all times.

I have my own personal weaknesses to overcome yet, but I recognize that the weaknesses are mine, not Jehovah's. I also work in an assisted care facility (maintenance supervisor), and the holidays are very important to them. I have been honest with the administrator about my feelings concerning this, and he seems to be sympathetic to my viewpoints. Still, it is hard sometimes to be involved in staff meetings where such things as Halloween parties are being planned.

I have no point yet....just wanted to talk. Hope that is OK.

Best to all....Larry (central California foothills)

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think this is the place for you.....but read the posts and see for yourself.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

This would be classified as a "Apostate" site by your religion.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hey Larry. Welcome to the form. Um....not sure if you haven't read many of the threads here or perhaps you hit your head on something this morning :). Might want to check them out.

Peace

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

We still welcome you here and are willing to discuss whatever you'd like to discuss.

• Larryf01
    Larryf01

Yeah....I just read some of the other posts....should have read them first. Guess I still haven't found someone to discuss these things with. Apostate is certainly an accurate term from what I've read. But then, as you well know, that is in keeping with Bible prophesy of the last days. It is expected. Oh, well........

• LDH
    LDH

Larry, check your email.

Lisa

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Larry, when I came to this site I too wanted to discuss things with Witnesses. To my surprise, I found out that the Witnesses actually kept things from me. But don't take our word for it. Just make sure you ask lots of questions before you get baptised.

Edited by - StinkyPantz on 4 September 2002 0:48:20

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I love how Witnesses consider everything a sign of the end, based on their Bible. What about those speaking out against the Mormons, Catholics, and other Christian religions. Do they really think they are alone in that department? Oh yeah, they do because they do not read anything else. Ignorance is bliss!!!!!

Another example of someone coming in all gung ho and not realizing until years later how foolish they were not to ask more questions. Not just asking witnesses either.

My thought

Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 4 September 2002 1:27:30

• Swan
    Swan

Hi Larry. You certainly are welcome to stay if you would like. Our board won't shun you before you are even baptized! We won't shun you even if you do get baptized! Please feel free to discuss anything that you may be studying that doesn't sound right. You know what they say about things that sound to good to be true.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit