Just Someone To Talk To

by Larryf01 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tish
    Tish

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether you are going to come back and read any of these posts, my advise to you is......

READ YOUR BIBLE AND PRAY TO GOD SILENTLY THIS WILL HELP AS HE WILL GIVE YOU THE HOLY SPIRIT TO DISCERN WISELY WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. PLEASE DO THIS WITHOUT ALL THE OTHER LITERATURE YOU ARE GIVEN.

I was a witness for 30 years and I have done this and it's like I had been reading another book, please DO NOT get baptised until you know everything.

Also I am learning that we will never be acceptable to God if he is looking at us based on works. He sent his son to all sinners, the first person he spoke to in his ministry was a woman who was a fornicator.

He said if you believe in me you will be saved. Not you must preach for 10 hours a month and goto 5 meetings a week.

Do you really realise what an apostate is? It is someone who denies Christ, not someone who doesn't do as JWs tell you to.

Anyway please stay and enjoy real loving companionship here at this site, we do really CARE.

Luv

Tish

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Welcome to the site, Larry. I am not a JW, but came to this site in order to learn more about the JW's because I have a friend who had been involved to some degree.

It has been a very enlightening experience for me. You should stick around, could be very enlightening to you also.

Take care and good luck. Please look at all angles before becoming baptized.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This feller may be the one who I told about this site while in a different chatroom.

He was looking for a site where he could ask questions.

I told him up front that this was an 'ex-JW' site, but that he would be welcome here.

By the looks of some of the posters, I may have been wrong(?).

In the future... should I be rude and tell such ones to 'go away'??

I thought that he would be able to hear the REAL truth if he came here, but by the looks of it, some of yall are no better than the JWs that you used to be.

Perhaps a refresher course in manners would be in order.

Regards,

Jim TX

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*frightened by tish*

*jumps nervously*

• Larry
    Larry

Larry01 - I'm only responding because of our namesakes :)

This place is hazardous to those who are programmed by the Governing Body.

Peace - LL

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We ALL started out precisely where this dear poster is! We ALL thought it was the TRUTH at first and we were ALL zealous to protect it! The JWs are very good at their sales pitch. And VERY good at overcoming objections with new ones who arent Biblically equipped to prove them wrong. How can they be wrong? Everything they say they show you in the Bible right? Have they shown you several bibles side by side to get the REAL meaning of a scripture? Have they studied the Bible with you...or a Watchtower Publication? Can you find any examples of others in the bible who were required to read Watchtower literature before being baptized? Do they deflect your questions and suggest to you that you will "cover that information later in the book"? Do they suggest that you cut off all association with nonJW friends and family now? Do they suggest that because your friends and family are discouraging you from becoming a JW that that means that Satan is after you and trying to get you away from Jehovah? Do they say that if bad things happen while you are studying that its because Satan is persecuting you because you are studying the Truth? Do they say that when GOOD things happen it is because Jehovah is blessing your study? Do you see how ALL bases are covered by their tactics? Proceed with EXTREME CAUTION my friend. What you see now isnt real...it will only last until you are baptized and then you cannot ever leave. And the love bombing will stop and the pressure will be on for you to conform. Keep your eyes open. BE like the Bereans...check what they say. When you buy a car, do you take the car salesman's word on that car or do you talk to people who used to own it? If that car salesman said "Oh DONT go talk to anyone else!" wouldnt you be suspect he was hiding something? USE THAT CAUTION! Dont be like the millions of JWs and JW studies who found out too late.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

they will tell you the internet is BAD, I find it a source of more truths than not. Do your reference work, I mean anybody that they have quoted, look it up because a lot of times they have taken it out of context. Read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, it gives an insight as to how the gov body operates. Go to silentlambs.org and read what the abused have to say and then ask yourself ,would God really approve of such an organization. sisX

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

JUST a reminder there is two B/D on 9/7 so HAPPY BIRTHDAY queenie and Marilyn ---- PARTY HARDY -- MY LISA and I start early on the first and stretch it as far as we can..Sincerely--your hethenistic demonized apostate bad association b----from hell..LINDA LOU KERSEY aka queenie

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi Larry01.

Like Darkhorse,I am a non JW and never have been,I came to this site for much the same reasons,as I have a good friend who was a JW.

I wont mince my words to you,I have been horrified at some of what I have learnt about the JWs,I fully respect that what you want to do with your life is up to you,but please keep visiting this site,learn and ask those questions,there are a lot of good people here.

For what its worth,I would say,DONT DO IT.

Take care,

Rich.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit