So Should Germany Be Dictating Terms?

by Englishman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

E-Man:

It is about so on what you replied to Amazing.

"Are you saying that Germany is just trying to cause embarrassment over the US stance on capital punishment? "

Its like kids playing games: I'll take my ball/marbles & go home. Whhahhh!!!

Hey, Dufus, nobody needs YOUR ball/marbles or whining, SO GO HOME!!!

Yes, they are trying to cause embarrassment, by opening a FORUM THAT NOBODY ASKED FOR!!!

Also, they are being a bad example by CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR, from the actual position of a sovereign state. Oops, sovereign states do this all the time, because they can.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 1 September 2002 12:46:38

• fodeja
    fodeja
    I am discussing an issue, giving an opinion with some humor ... using the intended humor icon repeatedly

In other words: one shouldn't take anything you write seriously as soon as you use the "intended humor icon" anywhere in your message?

f.

• Amazing
    Amazing

f:

In other words: one shouldn't take anything you write seriously as soon as you use the "intended humor icon" anywhere in your message?

I didn't say that, you did. I use humor icons to help note that I am in a lighter mood, not trying to be provocative. But my opinions and views are serious. Except where I make obviously fun points, like I suggested to E-Man that the USA just send the military into Germany and get the information is wants.

You are the one bringing up provocation and then trying to make it more provocative. So what you are really saying is that when I give my opinion, I am being provocative, but when you give an opinion, its okay, and to be accepted. That, dear Fodeja, is hypocrisy.

If you are feeling emotional, overreacting to what I stated because you simply disagree, then I can understand why you are accusing me of being provacative. It happens to people all the time. Nothing new. Essentially, I think you just took something out of context and decided I was being proviocative. Cool. Have at it. Next.

• Realist
    Realist

the us is the only civilized country that hasn't banned the death penalty. besides that, their justice system is anything but just and a disgrace to the Us.

since the us is giving a shit about the opinion of other countries regarding their foreign politcs i think it is absolutely ok that germany is holding back the information.

• LB
    LB

Yeah Germany's history just shows what a humane nation they are.

Maybe the US should live up to it's reputation and just go get whatever it wants. Germany hasn't had an ass kicking for a half century now.

• fodeja
    fodeja

*sigh*

I found one "opinion" of yours provocative and downright stupid (because it's simply irrelevant to the issue and nothing except a sort of ad hominem attack). Your answer implied that you didn't mean it, after all, you used the "intended humor icon" at the end of the message.

So, forgive my stupidity for not being able to decipher your grandiose writing (in spite of all that boldface and colored stuff) and enlighten me: was your accusation that the Germans oppose the death penalty (in part) because they feel bad about the 3rd Reich

a) meant seriously,
    b) meant as a joke,
    c) not meant as anything, I'm just imagining it, it's all my fault, and I shouldn't take things out of context like all those aposta...oh, sorry, you get my drift.

Thanks.

f.

• mustang
    mustang

"As for the Islamic Al-Quada radicals ... like the renown anti-death penalty advocate and talk show host, Geraldo Rivera says, Kill'em! Yes, after traveling to Afghanistan as a news correspondent, good old life-long liberal Rivera turned immediately conservative - hard reality tends to do that. "

Yes: SINCE THE AL-QAIDA HAVE ALREADY TRIED & CONDEMNED ALL OF US TO DEATH, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WIT HAVING THEM DRINK THEIR OWN CUP!!!

Edited by - mustang on 1 September 2002 13:13:32

• Realist
    Realist

@ LB:

ok lets list a few of the american contributions to peace in the world

killing of native americans, slavery, bombing of cities in germany and japan, usage of nuclear weapons, nuclear bomb testing on islands (without proper evacuation of the inhabitants), inprisonmnet of japanese during WWII, korean war, vietnamese war, support for every corrupt and criminal government in south america, bombardment of panama city, their middle east politics (including the bombardment of lybia and irak), constant support for the criminal activities of israel, ...

their foreign politics is a true blessing to the rest of the world!

• mustang
    mustang

"Yeah Germany's history just shows what a humane nation they are."

Yes, more HYPOCRISY. The Germans are having guilty conscience crisis or syndromes. Its a typical pendulum swing. Send them to Sigmund Fraud.

We should just ignore them on their bad hair day.

Mustang

• proplog2
    proplog2

I am against the death penalty. Especially for religious martyr types. They WANT to die.

The US shares this particular backward behavior with the Moslems.

The death penalty is a left over of religious concepts of revenge.

Kind of surprised at Amazings ignorance in advocating such a barbaric practice.

Amazing you ought to go back to the JW's or at least join some other fundamentalist sect since you think like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit