What is the WT afraid of???????????????????

by Zep 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Dubby
    Dubby

Hi thrillbilly!

This was taken from the JW owned MP Technologies site. I will find more as time permits.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

In communicating with the Society on various aspects of this web site we have received much fine counsel and admonition from them. Based on these discussions we have decided to close this web site on August 10, 1997. My wife and I have enjoyed providing encouragement, entertainment, and a nice place to visit for all of you. Even more so, we have enjoyed the encouragement and fellowship all of you have given us. We have met so many of the friends through this medium that we now appreciate more then ever the worldwide aspect of the brotherhood. We would like to thank the many brothers and sisters who have regularly contributed to this site and for their hard work in making our role a little easier. It has made this web site more yours than ours. We would like to thank in particular Bruno, Ricardo, Gordon, Cynthia, Garry, George, Gina, Linda, Martin, Lance, Harry, Jim, Winton, Shannon, Ivy and many others for all of their contributions.

With much love we thank you for this wonderful experience.

Your Brother and Sister in the Faith,

Stan and July Milosevic

Welcome to

Theocratic Files and Archives for
    Jehovah's Witnesses

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Seven
    Seven

To Beverly Thrillbilly, Welcome to the board. Your
    screen name reminds me of a song I made up when I was young,sung to the tune of the classic TV show The Beverly Hillybillys:
    Come and listen to the story
    'bout a dub named Jed
    A poor pioneer-barely kept his
    family fed
    Then one day he was readin'
    spiritual food
    when his brain went dead
    there was nothin'he could do
    But-field service-that is
    car hoppin'
    door-to-door

That's all of it I can remember. My brother would put his hand over my mouth so our Mom and Dad wouldn't hear. LOL

• Martini
    Martini

Zep,
    The WT has NOTHING to be afraid of.Nothing at all!
    Obviously if something is not clear or sounds contradictory about Jehovah's Witnesses, then your mis-understanding something-somewhere along the line, it's really quite that simple.
    We ALONE are God's Name people, God has given us the Faithful and Discreet Slave class to communicate his Will for humankind to us.Can you appreciate what an extraordinary priveledge that is???
    We never had, nor will we ever HIDE anything. We ALONE have the truth. Oh sure some individual may become disgruntled and cause problems but soon God's sifts out these people and tosses them out of HIS Organization. Jesus would cast out a GB member if he had to, infact this actually occured sometime ago. These are the individuals spreading rumors, half truths and outright lies about the WT. Have you been infected?
    Do you have doubts or questions? Of course anyone of Jehovah's Witnesses would be more than happy to answer any sincere question you may have.
    However we prefer to do it in the comfort of your own home, one on one. WHO else would go out of their way to do this for you? Love of neighbor motivates JW's to do this because THEY alone imitate Christ in that they ALONE preach the GOOD NEWS of the Kingdom as Jesus did.

NOW then, will you accept God's loving provision through his earthly Organization to assist you in coming to an accurate knowledge of his WILL?

ZEP...I'm hearing myself think and it's giving me heartburn, excuse me while I go gulp a pint of Maalox,anyone else care for some!

Martini...who remembers a time when I could say those words and actually feel justified.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Martini,

Your words of wisdom have rekindled the old zeal within me. My pioneer application will be in your hands shortly.

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

"One of the lessons in history is that Nothing is often a good thing to do and a clever thing to say." Ariel and Will Durant

Zeb:

The Watchtower Society has always had a "No Debate" policy - not just with "apostates." They have stated their position on doctrinal matters in their literature.

As a Bible student or interested person, if you have questions, they'll be happy to answer them.

• marion_nett
    marion_nett

PS to Zep: Sorry about the typo in your name.

• Andyman
    Andyman

Oh yes, the no debate policy. If you can't answer a question ignore it and maybe it will go away. Or change the subject, that was always a good way to get out of answering something you couldn't.

I have been on the internet for almost 2 years now, and these tactics are widely used. Many times on boards when faced with a question that can't be answered, brothers and sisters just fade away. Sometimes the come back hoping that the question has been forgotten, but many times they never returen, at least under the same name.

The society has trained them well!

Take care.

Andyman:

• katchoo
    katchoo

they don't answer questions because they CAN'T. The elders in my congregation couldn't. not a single one of my questions was ever answered. If you go in with specific questions that deviate from their "script" of how things are supposed to go, you are labeled a troublemaker and an "apostate".

But one day they will realize what a "bad witness" they are giving to others who see how they treat people (EVERYONE) who disagree with them, and they will regret it.

--B.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    But one day they will realize what a "bad witness" they are giving to others who see how they treat people (EVERYONE) who disagree with them, and they will regret it.

No they won't regret it.. because they never admit they are wrong.

Ms T

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

marion, your post is a put on right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit