What is the WT afraid of???????????????????

by Zep 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Zep
    Zep

Ok, since it was so easy to get on here i'm assuming that this place is also over run by WTS critics...but anyway!

I've read a plenty of WT mags and got sucked in enough by the whole thing to go to a few meetings and do a bible study( which i wouldn't really call a study, since we just read one of their books).I soon broke of the Whole thing and didn't even read another mag for about 6 years...6 months ago i wandered into H20 out of curiosity and ended up reading up on the arguments against the WTS.

I have a simple Question, and its probably very Naive to ask this...But why is WTS so afraid of debate?...there are plenty of sites arguing against the WTS...but none for, apart the official site which doesn't address the issues raised by so called "apostates" anyway.

If the WT has the the truth why dont they just refute the the arguments against them instead of shutting up shop and labelling anyone who questions them an "apostate?" or from satan or something.

I'm really beginning to think that all this WT business is just waste of time, that if i were to go to KH and ask questions that i have, i'm more likely to be labelled a trouble making agent of Satan rather than be taken at face value as someone with serious questions.

• Maxee
    Maxee

The truth
    Becoming aware of the reality of the possibility that we may be part of a religious organisation who is no closer to knowing God than all the others, is shattering emotionally. Most of all spiritually.
    The effects upon my discovering a little more about the faithful and discreet slave have lend me to a crossroads. It has instilled in me "" Who am I to trust?

• Dubby
    Dubby

Hi Zep!

The Watchtower Society's official teaching is to shun so called "apostates". They do believe that all non JW's are under Satan's control. If you leave the organization, doesn't matter why, you are to be shunned.

The WTS has come under tremendous fire in the last few years with the advent of the internet. That's why you see mostly one-sided websites. There are a few pro JW websites, but even they are discouraged from operating by the Watchtower Society. Some were forced to shut down while others decided to tow the party line and shut down on their own. If a former witness gets on one of these hard-line JW sites, he/she will usually be banned quickly.

There has been a virtual exodus of people from the ranks of JW's and their growth is slowing down. The WTS has been found out and they are paying for it.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Dubby
    Dubby

Sorry, double posted somehow.

Edited by - dubby on 15 June 2000 3:9:47

• Caliban
    Caliban

Because they don't have any kind of argument for a lot of the charges made by so called 'apostates' then they prefer to just ignore the questions and make out that they are just 'bitter lies' that shouldn't be listened to.
    That worked OK when you had to buy a book or meet someone to hear the arguments but more and more people can have a quick look on the Internet in the privacy of their own home.
    And gues what ? People do and people are leaving and not the Internet is labeled as Evil and a tool of Satan. No articles about 'this wonder of modern communication' in the Awake expected anytime soon.

• BeverlyThrillbilly
    BeverlyThrillbilly

Dubby - cool. Got any actual WTS published internet suppression "food"? China ( an Authoritarian state ) suppresses the net for reasons similar to the WTS - mind control.
    Any proof you have would be appreciated - BeverlyThrillbilly

• Maxee
    Maxee

So we don't wonder if its run by a legal department maybe
    [url] http://www.cyberpass.net/~h2o/wwwboard/messages/252364.html[/url]

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    The effects upon my discovering a little more about the faithful and discreet slave have lend me to a crossroads. It has instilled in me "" Who am I to trust?

Maxee, I can empathize. It affected me the same way when I first found out about all the lies. I was devastated as I truly believed it was the "truth".

• Maxee
    Maxee

I found a page with the KM with information about the GB's view on the internet

[url] http://www.stormloader.com/shaun/internet.htm[/url]

• BeverlyThrillbilly
    BeverlyThrillbilly

Maxee - that KM internet article is brilliant. The WTS power structure is obviously perceiving the threat to it's existance that the internet now poses. That threat of course being ironically truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit