Do JWs eat fat?

by scooter 46 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Scooter, but then what does "time indefinite" mean in the Bible. Not necessarily forever. Also, were the Christians bound by the Law code? No, in fact, Paul later eloquently argues that Christians are not under law. In the Bible, it speaks of the Law code being done away with when Jesus provided the ransom sacrifice. So Christians were not bound by any reference in the Law code regarding blood (regardless what the WTS infers).

My understanding is that what culminated in Acts 15, was basically this, were Gentile Christians required to follow part of the Law, in this case, regarding circumcision. Next, were Gentile Christians required to follow any other part of the Law. And finally, and this had to be repeated several times in the Bible, are any Christians, Gentile or Jewish, required to follow the Law code. (This question is still hotly debated by many Seventh Day Adventists.)

So even if one proves that the scriptures regarding blood in the Law code are not binding on Christians (which they aren't), then we have to deal with Acts 15 where Christians are told to abstain from blood (I was surprised that my 16 online Bibles, except for one uses that phrase "abstain from blood")

But then it is off to the races to define what "abstain from blood" means especially since hemoglobin-based products are now permitted by the WTS to its members.

• scooter
    scooter

Blondie, you've just pinched my argument, girl! (or some of it). I was hoping a JW (curyus?) would get there before you! Anyway, I still would like to know if anybody has thought about giving up fat because of Lev 3:17?

• blondie
    blondie

Well, scooter, while it makes sense, don't expect JWs to accept it readily. Bible scholars they aren't. They are barely WT scholars. But if done with a kind, soft touch, these points can get people to thinking a little bit for themselves. JWs are like the ancient Israelites; they live in the land of the Nile or is that DeNial. The Israelites were there for over 400 years and the JWs for only 123 so far (1879-2002).

• scooter
    scooter

OK, Blondie, we've placed the bait...now let's just sit here...nice and quietly...and see if we can get somebody to take it...shhhh.

Now where did I put that fat-free chocolate? hmmm

• blondie
    blondie

scooter, fat-free chocolate........

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

JWs dont eat fat. It is forbidden. Read your bible bucko.

• scooter
    scooter

H, is that you in the photo? If it is, I'll believe everything you say. By the way, who or what is a bucko?

• blondie
    blondie

Hyghlandyr, you should hang out at MickeyD's on a Saturday morning between 10:30 and 11:00. The JWs gobble down those fries. I'm starting to get that urge.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

scooter that is me here ya go...

Aye I would be with him for sure.

(BTW Thats Sheila Bowen on the left of the pic (right side of me) and Rhiannon on the right (left side of me) from our yahoo chat room.)

As to bucko it is an old insult, like I guess callin someone an idiot or dweeb. But it is so old that its not an insult anymore, it makes the person using it look like a dweeb who has lost touched with the times. So it is meant to be comical. I will deny I said this if anyone asks. GOT THAT BUCKO! (Lolita is useful towards females, thank catydid774 from yahoo for reviving both of them she kicks ass)

And I said before JWs dont eat fat. They have a special liason comittee that works with fast food places to make sure they get fat free greasy fries.

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 31 August 2002 13:6:23

Edited by - Hyghlandyr on 31 August 2002 13:7:15

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Blondie,

But what they do not tell you is that none of the Law is binding on Christians Jewish or Gentile. And this letter was written by someone (James) that was corrupting the truth? No! They do not tell you that James still believed in the Law and still observed it when he wrote the letter. And he was trying to enforce at least part of the Law on Gentiles. And this same James tried to compromise Paul and nearly killed him because Paul did not go along with his views? And they do not tell you that not only James but the apostles in Jerusalem continued observing the law for many years after this letter was written until Paul returned to cleanse this Jerusalem congregation from such apostasy? And it was not until Hebrews was written that this practice was finally stamped out and brought under control. And they do not tell you that Paul had to make appointments in his territories to clean up such corrupt teachings by James and those that followed him? Or have you ever heard that James finally corrected his view and wrote the letter called James to patch things up? Have you ever heard them say such things. Well it is all there in scripture but the Watchtower never told you about it did they? Therefore the letter in Acts was shown by Luke (Pauls friend) not as something to follow but an example by Luke of how wrong thinking can go unnoticed in the faith for years causing the difficulties that Paul constantly faced in his ministry. It even managed to get past Paul for a time. Were things that much different then? We each must take responsibility for what we teach others and not depend upon some organization to do this for us.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit