ADMIT IT, DIDN'T YOU FEEL SPECIAL being a JW?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Remember, YOU had the truth! Everybody else didn't even have a clue! The worldly people never understood our spiritual paradise. They never appreciated our life-saving work. Only Witnesses had been chosen to bear the name Jehovah's Witnesses.We were going to live and everyone that didn't believe as we did, were going to die, forever.When you think about it, didn't you feel special?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I did. . .

• professor
    professor

Yes I was so freakin' cool as a JW. Like I was part of God's mafia or something.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, those people down in Waco felt so priveleged and special, because WOW this Koresh guy, only HE knows how to open the seven seals of revelation he has special knowledge blah blah blah

the elitism is pretty intoxicating - "Guess what? Jahoober-God is going to roast your ass at Armageddon along with all other non-enlightened wicked worldlings and I'm going to be spared! Whoopee!!"

I was all for that when i was a stupidass 22 year old. Glad I grew up.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I felt stupid being a JW, and ashamed. I felt it odd that other JW's felt SO HIGHLY of themselves. They truly do feel (and are taught to feel) better than everyone else. So sad.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Me, I was always highly embarassed.

• LB
    LB

Honestly being a JW changed me and I didn't like the person I became. I was so damn judgemental and I even looked forward to the destruction of those I didn't like. Then a person I really liked from H20 and I became friends. She once asked me if I thought Jehovah was going to destroy her and her children. That really stopped me in my tracks.

• gumby
    gumby

I think if you were really in the "truth" and knew it well.....you couldn't help but feel special.

Those who were only embarassed I don't think knew it well. Maybe some...but not many.

Why? For all the reasons Minimus mentioned.

Those who felt special, also however.....were not anxious to tell people what religion they were.......unless they were out in service.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bless me Father for I have sinned

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

At one time, maybe....but for the most part, it was never really real to me. Even though I was raised in it, for some reason, I'd fall asleep during my prayer at night. As a kid, I hated it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit