ADMIT IT, DIDN'T YOU FEEL SPECIAL being a JW?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Not only special, but after they came out with the AID book and the KIT, I figured we were now ready to classify ourselves as Bible scholars -- and ready to kick the spiritual pants off ANY nut case, "born again," Collar-turned-backwards, Bible thumpin' PREACHER on the planet ...

(until the evening I stumbled into the home of one who pulled out his personal copy of NA 26 and chellenged me to SHOW HIM my points, from the Greek)

Now I'm the nut case, "born again," Collar-turned-backwards, Bible thumpin' PREACHER

• dsgal
    dsgal

I truly felt priveleged that Jehovah had read my heart and saw fit for me to be a part of his organization.What a fool I was.

• nilfun
    nilfun

No, being a JW never made me feel special. I remember once preaching at the door of a teen who was same age as I. She asked me that very same question, "Do you feel you are special?" I recall feeling completely baffled at her question. Of course I wasn't special, and I told her so. This response seemed to sadden her, and at the same time that I sensed this in her, I also sensed it (a sadness) in me. I was at her door trying to convince her to come to my KH to experience the love among the brothers, when I knew very well that it wasn't there. I moved around a alot growing up, attending about 13, 14 different KH, and it was all pretty much the same thing at each. Being part of a family headed by a single mom with 5 children and no money, I remember feeling at a very young age that the poor were universally despised, and it didn't matter to the brothers that I was part of their organization. They never found a check with Mom's name on it in the contribution box, and she and her children were treated accordingly (sure she would put in what she could, a few dollars when she could ill afford it, her 'widows mite'). So, as a member of the Untouchables in the JW caste system, no, I must say that I never felt special. It didn't make me feel special to meet really great non-believers and realize that I was not allowed become friends with someone who was going to be destroyed. It didn't make me feel special to listen to the brothers and sisters picking out whose house they were going to take over after the great bloodletting at armaggeddon. It didn't make me feel special to see the misery shunning caused. I felt ashamed and searched for a long time for a way to extricate myself from the situation without losing my famiy's love. Sometimes I think that is the reason I haven't been missed. I wasn't 'show[ing them] the money'!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I felt so privilaged to have UNrestricted prayer. after quite a few years my hubby and I would say--wait a minute didn't we always hear of someone answering the door because _they had_ just been praying. I feel more special now that we know how the GB has operated in the past and how the writing dept. takes a few quotes here and there to say just what they want to say. so special that it has caused me to do more research than I've ever done. yep I guess I did feel that way then but now ,in a whole New Light!!!!!

• happy man
    happy man

The only time when you feel special, was when you was on eldermeeting , fore the whole district.

evrything was soooooo secret, and we must think about to never say anything about this things even too our wifes, or aspecialy not to our wifes.

Never liket that.

I never hird something who was so secret so we must keep quiet, but I think that this confidential thing was something they use to get the brothers to feel as they was something diffrent something special.

well I am not elder anymore, so now evrything is not so very special.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome nilfun!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Thanks, Dismembered

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think most dubs feel self important when they`re in a group..Isolate them,and put them with regular people and they don`t feel so smart anymore..It must be the snickering every time they open they`re mouth,to tell someone how smart dubs are..LOL...OUTLAW

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Nope I felt like a freak. I even felt guilty that all these people were going to die, and it would be my fault because I was too embarassed to talk about the troof. Maybe I was never a good dub then...

• LDH
    LDH

Nilfun, how eloquent. Welcome.

Who said they fell asleep at night during their prayers? I did ALL the time. When I woke up in the morning, that was the first thing I remembered. I prayed IMMEDIATELY for forgiveness with fervor.

Yes, I did feel special. Especially when being made fun of. I thought, "Just you wait, we'll see who's laughing when Armegeddon comes."

How evil, and yet that's the way we were taught to feel from an early age.

That's why I didn't feel one drop of pity for those JWs who got beheaded in the Phillipines. Because they go around preaching death to anyone who isn't a JW. I guess Allah beat Jehovah to the punch on that one.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit