Why are sisters not allowed to wear trousers???

by Tish 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

6. Why do mums put their baby boys in bow ties?

I would agree that it is a form a child abuse. When I was about 5 my mom made me wear a little green outfit with shorts, suspenders, a vest and a bow tie... oh yeah and the knee-high white socks. It was HORRIBLE! I HATED it. But she was convinced that it was the most adorable thing she ever saw. I was sooooo embarrassed when I had to walk into the hall wearing it.

Stop! Laughing at me!!!

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

I know an interesting story on this subject that occurred in the late 70's after I made my exit.

I knew a very independent-minded elder, rather a super-stoker type, who didn't mind making a few waves now and then. He had a way of getting away with a lot because he was charismatic, well-to-do, and intelligent -- people tended to look up to him and his family ... his wife was the same way.

Things went well for them until they moved to a congregation in a small town (Santa Paula, CA). Then they started butting heads with the elders there. This elder's wife decided to wear a pantsuit to the ministry school/service meeting one night and holy hell broke loose. She was promptly taken in the back by the other elders and counseled. This did not deter her, and she continued to wear pantsuits to the meetings, with her husband backing her up. It eventually led to their not only leaving the congregation, but they left the religion PERIOD. Wild rumors ensued that they were forming their own sect! Too funny. I always wondered what happened to that family.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Friggin stupid JW's!!!!

Anytime ANYONE disagrees with them, they start accusing people of starting sects.

Morons.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@Stephanus !

That's brilliant! I must confess I hadn't 'twigged' to that pic before.

Good one and so true.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ozzie, apparently standards of dress are more lax for the GB:

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    He then proceeded to get up on stage and sat down on the chair and faced toward the auditorium seats. He drew a line with his index fingers across the top of his knees and explained that if a sister was to wear a shorter skirt, then when she was to sit down, that skirt would then be up above the knees and be too revealing.

Jourles,

You sure you haven't been in Australia?

That sounds very much like a certain travelling overseer we had here. The modus operandi was the same.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisila
    Prisila

Has anyone here been to a Spanish Convention in Los Angeles, CA? Oh my GOD!!!! Almost like Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, CA. Hoochi galore!!!! Tight . . .short . . .revealing . . .very provocative!!

• Tish
    Tish

Lovely court shoes ideal for walking those hills!!

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

the reason mums have their little ones wear bowties is to keep people from giving them dirty looks!

I have 3 boys and when they were small,I started thinking how silly and uncomfortable it was for them to dress up(also inconvenient and expensive).So I started letting them wear a decent shirt(like a polo shirt or turtleneck)and nice pants(not suit pants).People would give me such judgemental looks(including my own mom),like I brought my kids in pj's(which I personally also think is fine considering the meeting times on 2 nights were past their bedtime)or something.Like god would really care what a 2 year old was wearing!

The reason women have to wear skirts is to be reminded that they ARE women and need to be in submission to the man.the feminen one....the weaker vessel...blahblahblah.

Any way,that's my take on all the silly rules.just a funny thing to add about people being judgemental about what you wear....when I was 15 I went to a meeting with an ankle bracelet on and I was told by a sister that where she came from only prostitutes wore anklets.WHAT?!!!!..I'll leave you all to ponder that one

• butalbee
    butalbee

1. Why are sisters not allowed to wear trousers? Dumb dubs LOVES to classify everything...Try it, go to the KH in a pair of bell bottom red pants, and see exactly what happens...

2. When sisters where a skirt why have they got to be below the knee? Show too much leg, give the brother's woody's.

3. Why to some brothers wear their pyjama bottoms under their suits? hiding woody's. lot's of hidden sexual frustration...must cover it..

4. Why do all poineers have a cream mac? ???? I will consort w/ the spirits on this one.

5. Why is it the uglier the brother the higher up in the congregation? LMAO. I noticed this too.

6. Why do mums put their baby boys in bow ties? I have no clue? Make them look like the perfect little baby dub's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit