Why are sisters not allowed to wear trousers???

by Tish 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Tish
    Tish

After posting a reply to another thread I wondered if anyone can answer these questions??

1. Why are sisters not allowed to wear trousers?

2. When sisters where a skirt why have they got to be below the knee?

3. Why to some brothers wear their pyjama bottoms under their suits?

4. Why do all poineers have a cream mac?

5. Why is it the uglier the brother the higher up in the congregation?

6. Why do mums put their baby boys in bow ties?

Any ideas??

• Mary
    Mary

After searching my soul to the depth, after prayerful meditation and consideration, I have given you your answer in an extremely complicated formula that only the truly annointed will understand:

1. Why are sisters not allowed to wear trousers?
    BECAUSE THE ELDERS WOULD GET OFF ON IT;

2. When sisters where a skirt why have they got to be below the knee?
    BECAUSE THE ELDERS WOULD GET OFF ON IT;

3. Why to some brothers wear their pyjama bottoms under their suits?
    BECAUSE THE ELDERS GET OFF ON IT;

4. Why do all poineers have a cream mac?
    BECAUSE THE ELDERS GET OFF ON IT;

5. Why is it the uglier the brother the higher up in the congregation?
    BECAUSE THE OTHER ELDERS GET OFF ON IT;

6. Why do mums put their baby boys in bow ties?Any ideas??
    BECAUSE THE ELDERS GET OFF ON IT.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

LOL@Mary

In fact I asked the same question (why the sisters have to wear skirs only?) before. The answer?

Because jws don't want to offend anyone who might get offended by seeing women wearing pants.

They are afraid of offending somebody with the sisters wearing pants, but think OK to keep the pedophiles within the org. What kind of logic is that?

• JBean
    JBean

What's a cream mac? : )

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

A "cream mac" is a rain coat, usually full length.

I have often wondered why sisters never wear trousers.

The number of times I used to get home from work (wearing a trouser suit!) and have to change into a skirt because of the meeting. I was tempted on SO many occasions to wear trousers.

What would the elders have done? Would they have taken me to one side to "speak to me" about it? My ex mother in law would have had a fit (good it would probably have killed her! Hey I AM serious!)

I really regret not having done that just to BAIT them!!

Ah well - having other fun with them now!

Nowfree

• Jourles
    Jourles

The reason for the 'skirt above the knees' rule is simple. I remember one occasion when we had the CO visit our hall. If I remember right, I believe he was at the hall for a dress rehearsal for one of the assembly parts. After the sisters' part on the kingdom hall stage, he explained to them that when they actually give the part at the assembly, they MUST wear skirts lower than the knees. He then proceeded to get up on stage and sat down on the chair and faced toward the auditorium seats. He drew a line with his index fingers across the top of his knees and explained that if a sister was to wear a shorter skirt, then when she was to sit down, that skirt would then be up above the knees and be too revealing. The idea was if this skirt were to get hiked up after sitting down, any bro with some bino's in the audience could take a peek, and that is why it would be improper to wear a shorter skirt.

I'm afraid I can't help out on the pj item. I can't say I have even heard of that one before.

• freeman
    freeman

I remember years ago, maybe around 1977 or 1978 some talk that that had a phrase to the effect that the mature Christian woman would not have slits in their skirts as this is immodest.

That was the public talk.

By the time the Watchtower study started at least three sisters had their slits pinned up, just like that.

Yes Jehovahs people sure are sheep like.

Yep like dumb stupid stupid sheep.

God I really hate this cult, can you tell?

Freeman

• blondie
    blondie

Because then they would be "wearing the pants in the family" and that is verboten.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Regarding the jammies under the suit pants... I have never seen this, but it actually seems like a good idea - IF - you are wearing a cheap suit.

You see, a good quality suit will have a liner in the legs of the pants so that the suit fabric (usually wool or some other course material) does not iritate the skin. Wearing the jammies will do the same for a cheap suit.

• smiler
    smiler

we also had to look like we were 50years old when we were 15year old teenagers and wear flat sheep skin boots with sheep skin gloves and coat( it wasn't mutton dressed as lamb it was lamb dressed as mutton-- literally!! Ah but if you were really good on the doors and knew your bible you had a fingerless glove on one hand to find the scriptures !! and a bobble hat.

just to see what would happen or if anybody said anything i recently attended a meeting in trousers ( im female) and guess what i dont think anybody noticed at least they never commented to my still going strong husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit