Properly Understanding Genesis 3:14

by Yadirf 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Nads, Nads, Nads.....

There is a HUGE flaw in your argument.

Satan once had the potential to enjoy an never-ending life. Now, due to his incorrigibleness, he is destined for destruction instead -- and his fate is irreversible. He really doesn't want his life to come to an end, he desperately wants to continue living, but of course upon on his own terms. I'd say that Satan is far from being *blessed*!

Ok, obviously Satan knows that God is God and can do whatever he wants (ie creating the universe). Im going to make a presumption here that since (according to you) Satan is now controlling the earth, and as an ex-angel is pretty intelligent. Now, Obviously Satan knows all about the end (im sure he's read revelations and probably has some inside info), and he knows he is going to lose. So A) Why doesnt he get this party started? And B) Since he knows he cant beat God wouldnt you think that he would have appologized by now???

Also according to this argument, the only reason we have Jesus is becuase of Satan. If Satan hadnt cruised on Down, Adam and Eve would have behaved and then there would have been no need for Jesus to make his sacrafice. That is unless you want to beleive that God wants to fry 99.99% of the people (who he loves) just because they are not JW's! If thats the Case and this whole thing is Just a test, Then GOD set Satan up just to prove a point! So Satan gets screwed, Jesus suffers through the horror of cruxifiction all so God can filter out the bad guys??? But yet, since God is all-knowing and Omipotent he would already know who was bad and who was good so why go through all the trouble of frying the earth and people whom he loves?????????

Nads, stop thinking you know whats going on. You have never been on God's level, You are not on his level now, nor will you ever BE, So quit trying to tell people what God is thinking!! And if you think you Know what Satans up to, why dont you ask the GB?? Shit he's on the board.......

Oh, and go take a biology class. You claim snakes never had legs but yet your own bible says they did!!! Oh and you still havnt stated any logical reason on why Satan would appear as a snake, (and if he did, wouldnt he have appeared as a snake with legs since he hadnt tricked Adam and Eve yet!!). Why didnt he just appear as an Angel??? Adam and Eve talked to God so obviously they could handle an Angel. And you dont think they would have been freaked out by a talking snake?? I think an Angel (no matter how wicked) would have more credibility than a talking snake! Oh let me guess, Adam and Eve had tarzan powers and could understand animals...........

Get a Clue.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yadirf,

You have almost become Jedi master in the art of bullshit. I salute you, sir!

: The answer is arrived at by first considering the lowly state of this somewhat pitiful creature called the "serpent". Most earthly creatures are privileged with having legs. The birds even have wings in addition to legs. In comparison, the serpent appears to be a "cursed" little creature -- due to its having no legs. Unlike other creatures, which can run or fly to wherever they wish to go, a snake has no way to maneuver from place to place other than by wiggling along on its belly atop the ground. Not a very lofty existence! Too, because it is upon the ground where other creatures tread, the snake has to be particularly "cautious" (NWT) in order that it not get trampled upon.

Ever accidentally "trample" a snake? Thought not. Ever know anyone who accidentally trampled a snake? Thought not. Ever see an animal "trample" a snake? Thought not. Ever seen any "trampled" snakes in your life? Probably not unless they were on the freeway, and even rabbits don't do so well on freeways.

Tell us all, please. Why did God curse a lowly animal when the animal was clueless about being manipulated in the first place? That's like me crippling your puppy because you pissed me off. As evil as I am, I wouldn't even think of doing such a thing. Why would God do such a thing, then?

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 30 August 2002 21:50:53

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Farkel,

Ever accidentally "trample" a snake? Thought not. Ever know anyone who accidentally trampled a snake? Thought not. Ever see an animal "trample" a snake? Thought not. Ever seen any "trampled" snakes in your life? Probably not unless they were on the freeway, and even rabbits don't do so well on freeways.

About a couple of months ago we were traveling along the side-road of an Expressway. As we saw a snake trying to make its way across the road we slowed and came to a stop in order to let it cross. Well, when we stopped so did the snake ... right in line with the exit where cars come off the Expressway. As we sat waiting for the poor little creature to move on a car exited the Expressway and ran over the snake. Both I and my wife felt awfully sad when we saw this happen!

But you make an excellent point, Farkel, in that which I've quoted you as having said above. As a matter of fact, it's very pertinent to this discussion. Yes, man is rarely able to get within close range of a snake. When we are able to it's only because we caught one of them unaware of our presence. As a rule they will flee when they know that we are around. And that's precisely how Satan was first able to get Eve's attention! Yes, every time Eve had seen a serpent in the past the serpent had fled. But this time, curiously, it didn't. For the first time Eve was able to observe a serpent up close! And, what's more it can communicate with her ... something that she didn't know but what all serpents could do since she had never before been able to get that close to any of them to find out. Even as we today are amazed when we hear a parrot (not your parrot, Farkel) speak, Eve was astounded at the serpent's seeming ability to speak. How cunning of Satan!

BTW, Farkel, how is your parrot getting along? Fine I hope.

Tell us all, please. Why did God curse a lowly animal when the animal was clueless about being manipulated in the first place? That's like me crippling your puppy because you pissed me off. As evil as I am, I wouldn't even think of doing such a thing. Why would God do such a thing, then?

For your benefit, Farkel, I should have left this thread titled the way I originally had it before I changed it to "Properly Understanding Genesis 3:14". I first had it titled, "It was Satan that was cursed, NOT the snake!". If I had left the title unchanged then perhaps you would have understood my point, namely that God DIDN'T curse this lowly, innocent, helpless animal, who had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the purpose for which it was being used. BUT ... even with the title left the way it is NOW I have to wonder how you missed the opening words of this piece. Yes those opening words were, you got it, "It was Satan that was cursed, NOT the snake!". Yes, if you scroll back to see, those words are in red, and, in addition, highlighted in yellow. Please check this out, Farkel, as I'm beginning to believe that you never fully read my posts, either that or your eyes are getting really, really bad.

So with regards to what you said, as I've quoted above, you make all the sense in the world (really). Just as you suggest, obviously God had no reason to curse the snake, and he didn't, because the serpent itself had done nothing wrong. The words of Genesis 3:14 were addressed to, not the literal serpent, but to the one that was behind the serpent (for which reason he is called "the original serpent" in Revelation) and used it as his tool as a stealthy means of getting Eve's attention in order to deceive her.

Friday

Edited by - Yadirf on 31 August 2002 15:25:38

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yadirf,

: Yes, every time Eve had seen a serpent in the past the serpent had fled

The WTS teaches that animals in Eden had no reason to fear man. Do you disagree with that belief?

With regards to my eyes getting bad, the answer is "yes." Haven't you noticed the increase in my typos over the last years or so? I often cannot see small "i's" when they are between two other narrow letters, for example.

I'll make a note to pay more attention to your entire content. It's true, I don't read much on this board very thoroughly these days. My bad.

My parrot is hardy-as-ever and doing great. He gave me about 25 chorus' of "La Cuca Racha" this afternoon. It's always hilarious when old Cockroach sings his own theme song!

Take care. Give puppy a hug for me. I like puppies too, you know.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 31 August 2002 21:48:39

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Farkel,

: Yes, every time Eve had seen a serpent in the past the serpent had fled

The WTS teaches that animals in Eden had no reason to fear man. Do you disagree with that belief?

I see the serpent as ONE animal that has ALWAYS had a natural need to be particularly cautious, due to its rather unique situation (having to do with the way it was designed without legs), namely, the fact that it lives and maneuvers below the soles of ours and other animal's feet. I think that if I were a legless animal like the serpent that I would feel threatened lying around out in the open, for fear of getting stepped upon. It would seem that other than for this reason the serpent had no reason to fear Adam and Eve. So, no, I don't necessarily disagree with the WTS therefore. Of course serpents today, when compared to their life in the Garden of Eden, have additional reasons for fearing man, even as all other animals do (for obvious reasons).

My parrot is hardy-as-ever and doing great. He gave me about 25 chorus' of "La Cuca Racha" this afternoon. It's always hilarious when old Cockroach sings his own theme song!

That is great to hear, and so very funny too. Wow, that's a lot of La Cuca Racha for one evening. LOL! What an interesting creation the parrot is. It having the ability to mimic OUR speech is awesome.

Take care. Give puppy a hug for me.

I just did, and he took it all in as he was raised on affection. BTW, Friday got a new toy today (as if he really needed another one! What he really needs is a bigger toy box). The toy he got today, from PetsMart, is a stuffed burglar, with black mask over the eyes and all. Friday now knows the toy by the name of "Bad Guy". Each time he gets a new toy we give it a name and in hardly no time at all he knows it by that name. If you tell him to go to his toy box and fetch this or that toy, that's the one he comes back with 99% of the time. The other 1% is where he just doesn't want to play with the particular toy that you sent him after, and comes back with one that he would rather to play with.

Friday (who really needs to go see the optometrist himself)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Yadirf,

Your unusual interpretations of the bible aside, how do you account for the observable fact that some snakes have vestigial pelvises and hind limbs?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Derek,

The *explanation* for what has been observed, as represented by the drawing that you've posted, is nothing more than an opinion/speculation, and most likely that of an evolutionist at that. Aren't you aware of the fact that many well-meaning *professionals* have had to reverse some things that they once thought were true? One example that can be cited, is that which Doctor's at one time considered to be the best way to treat some types of intestinal problems. It was once commonly held that fiber intake was BAD, and would merely complicate this type of problem. Then the day came when it was finally realized that the reverse was true, and that fiber, instead of being harmful, was a blessing.

In my opinion evolutionist's are nothing but DREAMERS! Those poor people haven't gotten to first base in life.

Friday

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    In my opinion evolutionist's are nothing but DREAMERS! Those poor people haven't gotten to first base in life.

Actually, they've gotten to all four bases (adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine). If there was any doubt about the common ancestry of all life on earth before the discovery of DNA, there's none now.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Actually, they've gotten to all four bases (adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine). If there was any doubt about the common ancestry of all life on earth before the discovery of DNA, there's none now.

If "they've" failed to give due credit to a CREATOR for the existence of all life, then "evolutionist's" haven't gotten to first base in life -- no matter what discoveries that they've made otherwise.

Friday

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

More, regarding the illustration you posted and the question you asked:

Yadirf,

Your unusual interpretations of the bible aside, how do you account for the observable fact that some snakes have vestigial pelvises and hind limbs?

You ask: How do I account for what can be observed in some snakes, per the drawing above, which some tend to think is sure evidence that these snakes once had external legs.

vestigial 1. Of, relating to, or constituting a vestige. 2. Biology. Occurring or persisting as a rudimentary or degenerate structure.

vestige 1. A visible trace, evidence, or sign of something that once existed but exists or appears no more. See Synonyms at trace 1 . 2. Biology. A rudimentary or degenerate, usually nonfunctioning, structure that is the remnant of an organ or a part that was fully developed or functioning in a preceding generation or an earlier stage of development.

There's obviously nothing to prove that this specific thing, which can be observed in these particular snakes, isn't the very way such snakes were structured when first created by God. In other words, nobody can prove that there has indeed been a change. This being the case, why jump to the conclusion that it is the "remnant of a part that was fully developed at an earlier stage of development"? Isn't that what you've done too, Derek? Why? Simply because you can't explain what you are looking at otherwise?

Friday

Edited by - Yadirf on 4 September 2002 0:35:54

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit