Ruth's Watchtower (Part II)

by Stephanus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

We've been having a bit of fun with our speculations about what Ruth is really like, from clues drawn from the Watchtower she (or someone) left in a train. I had a look at the Watchtower itself and have been rather amused by its overall cheesiness. Or to quote Groucho Marx:

From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.

Here are some extracts from the mag that I've scanned. Comments appreciated.

What were the Art Department thinking when they produced the above image?? Something for the rest of the Bethel boys to wank over, perhaps? Did you ever know any sisters who looked quite like that?

Here's a cheesy view of Paradise, Brooklyn Heights Style. Note the Bethel Boys on the left (sensibly and conservatively dressed) while "all those ethnics" are dressed in their wild and crazy national costume.

This is the pic (and caption) which, while making me collapse with laughter, totally confuses me as to what its trying to say. Some have speculated that the writing department boys smoke a lot of dope - I say here's proof!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    What were the Art Department thinking when they produced the above image?? Something for the rest of the Bethel boys to wank over, perhaps

That was an absolute killer. If I die of laughing I'll sue you.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

We are so deprived of spiritual food...I am devouring every detail...almost makes me wanna go 'back' LOL.

The paradise pictures never change do they. Same theme every time...although its a sad sight to see they are still going to have bible studies even in the new system...poor buggas...I can't think of anything worse. I also can't believe I used to believe this shite...the artists impression of paradise are so unrealistic...what was I thinking?? Damn cult.

That last image was a laugh "physically attractive people should avoid being selfish and manipulative" but its okay for F-Ugly people to do it. What a laugh, I'm quite entertained.

Beck

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 28 August 2002 21:17:42

• Quotes
    Quotes

I think this one was published during SWEEPS WEEK, and the WT was doing what any good network would do: utilize the fact that SEX SELLS!!!

This one went head-to-head (to use a figure of speech) with a really hot Playboy!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

While we're looking at inexplicable images and captions, would someone care to explain this one (from the back page of Ruth's Watchtower)???

Edited by - Stephanus on 28 August 2002 21:42:24

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Well the kid certainly isn't lovable, but calling him the Devil is a bit much.

Expatbrit

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    That was an absolute killer. If I die of laughing I'll sue you.

Ballistic, the bit that really worries me is the thought that the third picture, the one of the two blokes, may be there for the benefit of Mike Musto's "Chelsea Boys" faction in Bethel!

• outnfree
    outnfree

OK, I'll bite!

The Devil came from My Book of Bible Stories (and likely from other WT publications)?

Also, regarding the gentlemen at the desk? I hope THEY are not supposed to be the attractive people? Because it's TOTALLY unfair that you brothers get those beauties on the front to, er, um DROOL over, and we sisters are supposed to do WHAT exactly with those geeks?

out

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Where the devil came from?? The spawn of a joho of course.

That pic is so authentic...true joho peepoles *shudder*

Beck

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

That WT cover is of course Franz' Angels:

While submissive to their construction worker mates, by day they kick ass...

Well "spiritually speaking" of course

All working under the direction of the mysterious "Freddie" who directs them by answering every question with a question

this post had a purpose when I started...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit