Theocratic Ministry School 2003

by LoyalLeon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ITguy
    ITguy

42 minutes, plus one minute of counsel each for talks 2,3 & 4 = 45 minutes.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks LL for giving us the low-down on what's in store for the next school year! :-)

Big Tex wrote:

RE: reading the Watchtower once a month for the No. 2 talk: It's not so surprising if you think about it. Remember all the talk 20 years ago of the evils of a Bible study. Instead a True Christian would study the Watchtower instead. This is just an extension of that logic. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years, people start quoting the Watchtower chapter and verse during the meetings, instead of scriptures.

Hi Big Tex: Right along with what you said, I just saw these "jewels" on the SIlentLambs Guestbook:

WT 8-15-88 p.28 "Jehovah does not illuminate each Christian individually. Rather, Christ appointed the 'faithful and discreet salve' class to provide Scriptural study material and timely counsel to Christians throughout the world."

From WT 8/15/81 p28,29 " ... through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines ..."

From WT 12/1/81 p.27 "Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do."

-----------

So much "doctrine" has changed in the past decade, I guess the WTS assumes any info the student looks up will be "old light" and if he gave a commentary on that info, he would end up making a fool not only of himself, but of the FDS as well.

--OR-- from some posts I've read on this forum, some "reformed thinkers" are using the school assignments as an opportunity to spread a little "new light" of their own, which I thought was a great idea. I'd love to be sitting there and hear something totally non-mainstream coming off the platform. No doubt would wake everybody up who was taking a snooze.

I'm surprised the WRITTEN exam will now be ORAL. I am guessing the WTS wants to save some pennies by no longer printing those Written Exam sheets? Or, what other reason might there be?

Sitting for the song and prayer? Wow! I never heard of such a thing. Were you in a congregation of octogenarians? ;-)

GRITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit