WERE YOU AFRAID OF THE ELDERS?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Yeppers, I was afraid. I still have nightmares.

• minimus
    minimus

FREEDOM, I bet your parents used the elders as a club everytime they threatened to punish you.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I do not think anyone feared the elders. I think they just feared losing their families and friends, by getting caught being to human. Thus, it was the actions the elders did that they feared and not the elders themselves. After all, in my last congregation the elders were all over 70 and very weak ... not to scary!

• ISP
    ISP

I think while you are a dub you are afraid of the elders....your everlasting life depends on it or so it seemed!

ISP

• leokio
    leokio

Another FNG here. Yes, I was afraid of the bastards. I didn't come from a family "strong'" in the truth, my Dad totally subjected himself to them. So if I got into any kind of trouble at all, and I did fairly often, I knew I couldn't count on him to back me up or lend any support at all. I spent much of my time in the org. hating most of them for the chickenshit, nitpicking, absurd bullshit they came up with. I knew first hand that many of their sons and daughters were getting away with far more serious offenses than I was commiting. So, yes I used to fear them, but not any f'ing more.

Leo

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome, LEO. What led you here?

• blondie
    blondie
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
    Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.

I had no status in the congregation. I had no privileges to lose. I was already privately marked by many without cause.

I was free of fear of the elders because I had "nothing left to lose." And the elders realized it.

Growing up with a manipulative, abusive parent makes you able to deal with any elder on earth. I also learned some passive-aggressive ways to drive them nuts.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, why were you privately marked? Were you to sharp for the elders?

• onacruse
    onacruse

NOPE!!!!! NO WAY!!!! NADA!!!!

My Bethel evaluation included remarks about being "independent minded," my first df'ing was a direct result of openly expressing my thoughts about WTS doctrine with the elders and the CO, and my last df'ing was a direct result of the same.

I was taught well, from a very early age, to fear no man and speak the truth. That cuts both ways.

I say what I feel, damn the torpedoes....full speed ahead.

Craig (of the this way I can live with myself class)

<<edited for typos>>

Edited by - onacruse on 26 August 2002 21:49:3

• leokio
    leokio

Hello minimus. Took the links from Randy's site a few weeks back. Been lurking for a while. Been an X for many years, long before the www. Didn't realize that I was still so pissed about it all untill I fell under the influence of you evil apostafarians. My story is short and boring, no history of any great interest. Only a little baggage.

Leo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit