How are the JW's reacting to the new USA gay marriage laws?

by purrpurr 59 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Personally I think this is wonderful. I have nothing against gay people and wish them only the best.

But of course I'm in a minority of one, the JW's around me are posting away on fb the most homophobic vitriol imaginable. A lot of them are even saying that it's the start to Armageddon!!

Do they not realise how this appears to other people? Do they not realise they are breaking the law and could get into serious trouble?

What reaction are you seeing?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I haven't heard a whole lot yet. A dub posted a meme on Instagram about how the rainbow was gods promise regarding the flood but that was hijacked by people who do something God dislikes.

I am curious if more will say stuff about it. A lot of dubs in our area seem to be homophobes.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Are younger JDubs as homophobic as the older generations? I felt there was a degree more tolerance when I left than when I was child.
  • Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
  • millie210
    millie210

I have a very out and publicly known gay sibling.

This split my extremely theocratic minded family in to a severe schism that has been on going long before I learned TTAT.

Yesterday was a wonderful day for my sibling. We have always maintained our relationship and the df and "gay" labels as determined by the Org were never applicable between just the two of us.

That is part of what caused such a split among our family. I would simply not turn my back on this one relative and my other siblings were more than willing to do so. . The DF policy was what made them feel they had the right to be homophobic. There was no talking to them or reasoning with them about the real issue (being gay) once they had THAT DF stamp of approval from the Org,

This moment in time is of course, a very tsk tsk one for my highly functioning (one missionary, the rest pioneers) other family members.

One thing I know for sure having known them all my life, 2 of them would not act this way if they did not have the others pressuring them. The "others" wouldnt carry so much influence if they didnt "speak for God via the Org."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I havent heard a peep but it was just yesterday.... My sense of it is we will hear the typical 'oh its a sign of the last days, declining morality' blah blah... In the washington metropolitan area its a common thing to run across or interact with homosexuals. Once you stop seeing them as "gay" and start seeing them as people even most witnesses get over it. They will make broad statments about homosexuality but its not going to phase them personally all that much locally.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I can remember when 'gay' meant------happy. But then I can also remember when 'soon' meant----------soon.

O' the times they are 'a changin'!------------bobby dylan

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• rebel8
    rebel8

A lot of them are even saying that it's the start to Armageddon!!

Thank you for starting out my day with a deep belly laugh.

It is so bizarre that people think this will increase the prevalence of homosexuality. All it's going to do is bring in revenue to the wedding industry, increase family stability, make people happy, and increase the social acceptability of people being their true selves.

I guess it's that last bit they have a problem with.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is just one more proof hat the end is very near. Don't buy any green bananas; that is how close we are.

Well, maybe not...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit