Are You Influenced By Looks?

by jack2 42 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Am I influenced by looks?

Well, let me see. I totally would not have a friendship with a person that was super good-looking but lacked simple courtesy or good manners. So looks alone don't carry a relationship anywhere.

On the other hand. Someone who possesses rare qualities such as... understanding, sense of humor, kindness, and sensibleness becomes beautiful to me and they shine!

Sound odd but it's so true in my case.

YoursChelbie-of the "I like to read a book and then judge it rather than the other way around"..class.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This is such a broad question. I have seen this program before and found it interesting. It kind of puts human beings on a level of operating more on instinct than we realize. That we do have inbred urges and desires that take control in times of mating. That's why some people mate with someone they really do not have any intention of becoming serious with, and they do it while intoxicated or doped up. In the light of day, they regret what they have done, and cannot imagine having "done" it at all with certain individuals. And yet, it is at this point, that pregnancy can occur, and lives are changed forever.

Yes, to a certain extent I am influenced by the way a person "looks". I can tell so much about a person by looking into their eyes.

I find it very interesting to study people, like at airports or places where there are crowds, and other places, like standing in line at the post office, grocery store, or waiting in the doctors office. I mean, I try not to stare, but people do seem very curious to me. There are so many different types, male and female. Once eye connection is made, then something happens, usually a nod or a smile, and sometimes a good conversation. It doesn't matter to me the size or weight of someone. But, then again, I'm not in the "mating game" anymore. I'm into people.

When the youthfull hormones are raging, all kinds of things are going on inside the human body, producing hormones and smells. People are attracted mostly by those smells, even though they might not believe it. Male and female differ greatly in these areas.

The chemical connection plays a big part in the sparing and mating of humans too. In that perspective, outward appearance can say much about a person, taken in proper context. For some women, the dirty, sweaty construction worker is a turn on. For others, the smell of aftershave or hair is the key, along with stylish clothes and maybe a certain walk or tilt of the head.

I believe that if a person is the very best they can be in any given circumstance, they will be attractive. I always look for whats "inside" a person. What makes them who they are. For me,a genuiene person is someone I gravitate to, someone I like to be around.

Sentinel/Karen

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

I'm super good-looking! And yes, like in that program, I get all the PERKS associated with physical beauty.....ahem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit