Brothers told to stop being wasteful!

by dmouse 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

I wonder what the real reason is behind this plea from the WBTS. Perhaps it is more evidence of a desire to downsize?

But they can't downsize the printing works if the brothers are being wasteful! Or perhaps the brothers ain't paying enough for the mags and the WBTS are not making enough $$$$$?

• dottie
    dottie

I think they should quit wasting trees and stop publishing altogether.

• zev
    zev

when i was "in" there was always a huge pile of books in the cloakroom, from 3 ccongregations.

lost and found it was called.

to bad jehover's "spiritual food at the proper time"was thought so little of and discarded so easily.

Edited by - zev on 24 August 2002 10:52:40

• Amazing
    Amazing

Oddly enough this KM article is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of how the Watchtower Society lies to the JW face, and they don't see it. The scripture from 2 Kings 22:3-7 they quote says that NO ACCOUNTING is to be made of the money ... for the work is done in faithfulness.

Then Watchtower turns right around and talks about not being wasteful, and being "aware of the cost." What morons, for they cannot trust God, they must instead run themselves like a for-profit business. Thanks for posting this classic.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Yeah, okay, but we have all seen this article 5 bazillion times during our years as witnesses. "Our publications are valuable." "Downsize your order if you're finding you're not placing them all." "Only order enough books that will definitely be used." Blah, blah, blah....

I do not see that this is directly related to the current downsizing, myself.

out

• blondie
    blondie

Treated Like Children

1. We should not offer our literature indiscriminately.

Stop putting those old magazines in the doors of not at homes and at laundromats.

Stop handing out old magazines to passersby while engaging in the street work.

Start asking for donations; start asking for donations; and start making donations.

2. Take inventory of what you have already at home.

These people can't even remember to turn their time in without several reminders.

Of course, what you have at home is yellowing because of the cheap paper used in the past. Can't place them and can throw them out (what will the garbageman think!)

3. Reduce your order if it is piling up.

And admit to the literature servant that you aren't very effective in placing literature?

4. Only order what you actually need.

What do you think they are doing? Ordering extras and selling them on E-Bay? (woops, there's an idea)

5. Write your name in your publications so they don't get misplaced.

Why not tape a $50 bill on Song 84? That would motivate anyone not to lose the publication.

Not many misplace their purse or wallet for the same reason.

Hey, there's an idea; put your money in your publications. Who would think of stealing them.

It would reward those who work in and clean out Lost and Found at the KH and assemblies.

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Appreciation for the vital message contained in our publications..."

What "vital" message? You haven't had a "vital" message in years, or do you mean THIS "vital" message: "our God will KILL you and your children if you don't buy and sell our books?"

"...and awareness of the cost involved in producing them causes us to value them highly."

And just how must "cost" would that be, Watchtower? You won't tell anyone. Which is more important to you, the "our God will KILL you" message or Corporate profits?

"We should not offer our literature indiscriminately to those who show no real appreciation for the Bible's message."

If they pay for it, is it "appreciation" and if they don't, does it prove they don't "appreciate" it?

Does money = appreciation? If not, what does?

BTW, great observation Amazing.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 24 August 2002 11:45:13

• COMF
    COMF

I want them to come back again with that claim from a few years ago, that it's expensive to make CDs and people ought to donate a hundred bucks or so for them.

• Valis
    Valis

I don't recall Luke 15: 8, 9 mentioning anything about Kindom Halls or convention sites, or writing your name and address in songbooks? Did I miss something?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "I was lost and now I'm found" class

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Valis, that was in the book of Hezekiah.

That's the new book that was added to the Bible by the FDS.

Edited by - Blondie on 24 August 2002 11:56:51

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit