Sept KM Scan

by dmouse 45 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Avoid the Pursuit of "Valueless Things"

One popular means of communication today is E-mail. Although sharing personal experiences and thoughts among family and friends through this medium may be appropriate what, "valueless things" can be associated with the unrestricted use of E-mail. Prov.12: 11

2 Cautions Regarding

E-Mail: Some claim to feel more in touch with Jehovah's organization when they receive what they consider to be fresh Information via E-mail, this may include experiences, notes on events at Bethel, reports of disasters or persecution and even confidential information released at Kingdom Ministry Schools. Others seem overly eager to send such messages, hoping to be the first to reveal the information to their Friends.

3 At times, Information and experiences have been distorted or exaggerated. Or perhaps in an effort to be sensational, some have conveyed a false impression. Those who are hasty to revere such matters often do not have all the facts. (Prov. 29:20) In some cases, even when a

story is unbelievable. It is passed on as a curiosity. Such inaccurate or misleading reports amount to "false stories" which do not promote genuine godly devotion, - 1Tim 4:6, 7.

4 If you forward information that turns out to be inaccurate, you bear a measure of responsibility for the sorrow or confusion this can cause. When David received an exaggerated report that all his sons had been killed, he "ripped his clothes apart" in anguish. However, in truth, only one of his sons laid dead. That was distressing enough, but this exaggeration caused David added distress. (2 Sam 13:30-33) Surely we would not want to do anything that would mislead or discourage any of our brothers

5 God's Appointed Channel: Bear in mind that our heavenly Father has an appointed channel of communication, "the faithful and discreet slave." That "slave" has the responsibility to determine what information is made available to the household of

faith, as well as "the proper time" for it to be dispensed. This spiritual food is available only through the theocratic organization. We should always look to God's appointed channel for reliable information, not to a network of Internet users.-Matt. 24.45

Internet Web Sites: We have an official Internet Web site. www.watchtower.org This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual. Committee or congregation to prepare a Web page about, Jehovah's Witnesses. Some have posted the contents of our publications with all scriptures and references given in full and have even offered copies of convention material on a donation basis. Whether profit is involved or not, the practice of reproducing and distributing publications of Jehovah's Witnesses in an electronic document is a violation of copyright laws. While some may view this as a service to the brothers, it is not approved and should be discontinued.

7 Exercising good judgement and soundness of mind when using electronic communications will ensure that our minds are filled with "precious and pleasant things of value."-Prov. 24:4.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know I always say this, but: after depriving their young members of a proper education by telling them Avoid the Pursuit of "Valueless Things", they now attempt to take away what is revolutionising both education and business.

It's like they already stuck the knife in and now they are twisting it.

• joelbear
    joelbear

The good news of the kingdom is copyrighted? Does God know about this?

Joel

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

This latest "crackdown" will be shaking the WTS tree and many more hopefully will fall our way. I enjoyed all your comments on this thread. Doesn't it make your heart rejoice with gladness that your not under that mind control any longer!!

They use a few sentences in par. 5 to tell their faithful NO MORE INTERNET...unless you go to the "official site"....what a bunch of crap! It goes back to the point that if they are so confident that what they teach is the truth, then what are they afraid of!

CC

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Joelbear:

What the WTS is preaching should be re-named the "good news of the organisation".

Ozzie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ozzie

really!? What's good about it?!!!?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Lady,

"good" from the Borg's point of view, naturally!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• link
    link

Can anyone clarify the U.K. laws on copyright? Is it illegal to copy and distribute information (for profit or not) when the author has knowingly put the information into the public domain without charge? I would have thought that an offence would have been committed only if the author was deprived of something by the action of the person copying and distributing the information.

link

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dmouse -

Thanks for posting the scan, but I have a question about the quality of the scanned image. Please do not take this as any kind of personal attack.

Why are the colors so weak? The red text is dithered pink, the black text is dithered gray, even the supposedly white background is dithered off-white. I tried to run the image through my OCR software to produce a text file of the article (after converting it to a black and white image) and the relatively short seven paragraphs were LOADED with scan errors because of poorly formed alphanumeric characters in the 2 color source file.

Since I don't have the original, I'm unable to experiment with producing a higher quality scan.

William Penwell -

Thanks for posting the text version. Did you perform the conversion by hand - typing it in - or did you use OCR software to do this? If you used OCR, did you find a very high incidence of errors too?

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 24 August 2002 12:21:23

• Valis
    Valis
    5 God's Appointed Channel: Bear in mind that our heavenly Father has an appointed channel of communication, "the faithful and discreet slave." That "slave" has the responsibility to determine what information is made available to the household of faith, as well as "the proper time" for it to be dispensed. This spiritual food is available only through the theocratic organization. We should always look to God's appointed channel for reliable information, not to a network of Internet users.-Matt. 24.45

We should keep this handy for stomping on the next apologist who claims that the WTBTS doesn't claim it is Jehovah's divine channel. I mean really...either the Writing Dept is the faithless and discreet slave or they are the source for the real apostacy. Someone needs to make up thier mind. I also thought that the fds was getting messages from Dog and if so, how could a human decided what or what shouldn't be included in Jehovah's message to the flock? Arrogant at best eh?

And since when did Mathew get his certification in network administration and the proper use email?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "faithless and indiscreet slave" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit