Name Your Funniest Experience Out In Service

by Dismembered 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

This should be a fun thread.

One of the funniest things I can remember out in "Service" . Was 2 other guys and myself in a car. So we take turns going to the door alone. Well Brother Elder gets out, (his turn to go alone) The other guy and myself are watching him take his turn as the house is directly in front of us.

Bro' Elder w/ bookbag in hand, goes up on a large deck on the side of the house, and tied on a leash & cable runner, is this kinda large dog. He's not barking so the Bro Elder approaches. As soon as he gets to the door on the deck the dogs starts jumping up, going all around him, sniffing the brothers ass like there's no tomorrow. He was relentless. The guy's knocking on the door, the dogs sniffing and jumping all around, meanwhile the brother is now trying to push the dog away with his bookbag. No luck, the dog continues sniffing the daylights outta this guy. The guys face is beet- red by now because me and the other guy are laughing so hard at this (and he sees us) that we are urinating our pants sitting in the car. Finally the elder comes back flustered and red as a beet opens the door and says "That goddam dog! We almost died form cardiac arrest No one ever did come to the door.

Dismembered

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Hi, Dismembered.

Someone recently started a thread about this very recently. There are some funny stories here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34138&site=3

By the way, your story was funny!

Edited by - Mister 8iggs on 22 August 2002 9:46:30

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

ok thanks Mr B

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Funniest? Probably the time Naeblis and I got caught for knocking on the bricks of the house, beside the door jamb, so the householder wouldn't answer.

Or the time my 'service partner' was caught throwing snowballs at the householders dog, bu the householder. I would have shot him.

• CFree
    CFree

It's not really funny but I remember not just dogs being a problem - goats too!!

I was on the service with my dad when I was about 5 and there was goat tied up near the door. I was pretty scared but my dad insisted we go to the door. Anyway we're standing there, next thing I know this goats butting me up the ass with it's horns. I cried and cried and I still hate goats!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I posted some of this on ezboard yesterday, but it's too funny not to repeat! I pioneered for 13 years and had some really memorable experiences. There was Minnie Sweat, a fat old lady who lived in a shanty-type bright pink house that was full of old newspapers and empty cereal boxes - and every one of our publications! Hey, we thought we had a live one here! Started talking to her and she agreed this was the last days and then she told us that Hitler was alive and well and working for the Social Security Administration in Austin, that he conspired with James Earl Ray to kill Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ms. Sweat knew that because she and this FBI agent had bugged their car and listened to the conversation. Needless to say, I did NOT make a return visit.

Then there was the German shepherd at this rural call. I was in the back seat with an elderly sister, bored, waiting for my dad to finish, petting the dog out of the car window when he (the dog) decided to jump through the window and settle on my lap. The elderly sister, who was terrified of dogs, turned to me to see what the commotion was, and found herself nose to nose with the dog, who promptly licked her face. She started screaming, I started laughing, the dog was trying to back up (it's a wonder he didn't pee on me), and my dad said the entire car was rocking!

However, I've saved the best for last. A couple of years ago, when my son was about 4, we were going door-to-door in hot ol' white suburbia Plano (north of Dallas), Texas. I promised him a snow cone if we finished just two more houses, which would complete the street. Poor little guy, he was so hot and sweaty in his shirt and tie and long pants and black shoes. At the next door he obediently offered the tract to the man who answered the door and I started my presentation. Jackson interrupted me and said to the man, "Know what?" Well, I thought he was going to say something about the Paradise, so I said, "What do you want to say, sweetie?" and Jackson said, "Know what? If you eat a blue snow cone your poop turns green!" (It does, too - try it!) The man didn't laugh (sourpuss), but I laughed until I cried and decided we had done one door too many!

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I remember going to a door with an elder. The girl that answered it was from my school. That's embarrassing enough. But she also happened to be the girl I was making out with and fondling the night before at a party. She also happened to be the girl that when it got too close to having sex I got up and left. Needless to say I was shaking in my loafers because I was sure I was busted. However, she didn't say a word. She just said no thank you and winked at me as we turned away from the door. I never did have sex with her, one of a few encounters I regret because she was hot.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Oh, this is a funny thread. You will get lots of responses.

I can remember two very distinct incidents.

The first one. In my late teens, I was going door to door with another younger sister, and this older guy answered the door totally nude, except for a rolled up newspaper held in his hands. Naturally, we were shocked beyond words, and embarrassed beyond belief. No one said a word! We ran and he shut the door. I made a point of never returning there personally!

The second. I was going door to door by myself, when this big dog began to follow me down the street and onto each front porch. He was really friendly and kept trying to "hump" my leg. I tried to maintain control and get him away from me, but after he continuously followed me to several more houses and embarrased me so disgustingly in front of each homeowner, who didn't know where he came from, I gave up my service attempts for that day. I remember it was a cream colored Lab. No one else ever encountered him again, so he was called the "happy demon dog". (...trying to keep me away from giving my little witness speech and delivering my little mags and books.)

Karen

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I think my funniest experience was when someone turned a hose on me when I was walking up to his house. I simply thanked him because I was hot.

When I was a little kid, I used to play "house" at the door when my mum was giving her presentation.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I remember going to a house when out is sevice, I was driving a car at the time, so only a few could go togeather, well I went to get out and caught my heel of my shoe on truck, and fell out of the truck instead of just nicely getting out OUCH.

That got a few laughs, than some sympathy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit