What did you do with all of your old JW literature

by LyinEyes 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have nearly every publication in my library, including the original bound volumes from the 1800's.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Lyin Eyes,

Well, I had been really trying to remove myself physically from JW's for ten years or so, and during that time, I rarely read any of their literature as I had already done much comparison reading and was mentally and emotionally "separate". The WT & Awake still came in the mail, but were basically ignored. I was just hanging on by a thread. When I made the final decision to leave physically, I had tons of books and magazines and decided that I could not just give them to Good Will or Salvation Army. My conscience wouldn't allow me to do that.

Everything I had went to the dump except the newest version of the NWT, which my dad had given me and written a special note inside.

I've really never felt any regrets about destroying the material.

Karen

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Last month I had found this enormous garbage bag filled with WTS 'literature' in my closet, that had been sitting there since my former move two years ago. I promptly threw it all into the garbage.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I kept most of the newer publications and gave the rest to Goodwill,a place I was told never to shop because the stuff from there might be demonized.It might be now.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Fall is coming. will use some to start fires in our fire pit outside, some for reference, and others my children will cut the pictures out of for class projects.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Most of it is sitting in a dark corner in our back shed. I suppose the mice and other vermin are benefiting from the fine spiritual enlightenment available within all that literature's pages. We have quite an extensive library, including original copies of magazines going back into the late 1800's (I think, or maybe they started publishing in the early 1900's). Didn't really want to totally dispose of it in case we needed it for "ammunition" so to speak...but couldn't stand the sight of it in our house anymore. I suppose eventually we will just send it along to the county landfill and hope it doesn't pollute it too much.

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

All of mine is in a box somewhere in my parents garage, collecting dust. I still have the CD's near my computer as well, for reference. The only book I still have around is a copy of the NWT my Aunt had bound in green, with my initials on it, that she gave me for my baptisim.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

my mom put about 4 or 5 bibles in my trunk when i moved out, along with a few song books and i think there's a knowledge book there too......recently found my watchtower library on cd-rom and i think i still have my pioneer book.....

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

You can tear the pages out of the Watch Tower and make paper airplanes, oh no that will not work that shit dont fly!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wanted to make sure EVERYTHING was thoroughly destroyed and unusable!

I was an MS so I had a briefcase full of my standard books and papers. I opened the briefcase wide open and placed it in my bathtub with all of my other literature piled on top of what was inside.

I left everything in the shower like that for a few weeks ensuring that EVERYTHING was soaked and waterlogged and totally unsalvageable. Then I tossed it all in the trash.

[Psyco music playing in the background]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit